Depth Analysis and Removal Guide
It is true that Scarab Ransomware encrypts important files stored in the hard-disk but this is not all. It messes up the infected PC performance as well as compromise with the personal data security of victim. It corrupts and encrypts the files and then encrypts it again after you unlock it by paying money to associated cyber-criminals. This meant that as long as the files and payloads of Scarab Ransomware are there in the work-station, your personal files will get encrypted multiple times and you have to pay ransom money again and again for unlocking the same file. So, your prime focus should be on removing this malware and when your PC gets clean, begin the process of recovering the encrypted files and programs.
This technical blog aim is to provide complete analysis on Scarab Ransomware regarding its intrusion method, work-strategy, ultimate aim and how to recover files encrypted by it. All these sections have been discussed below one by one.
If you are not careful while Online browsing and if there is loopholes in your PC security settings then you are most likely to get infected with this malware. It may get inside by bundling its payloads with no-cost applications, shared network, unsafe hyperlinks, and spam email attachment etc. In all these ways, the targeted victims are deceived and they are totally unknown about the malware attachments that are downloaded secretly. After settling down, it alters the important registry-entries so that it could start itself as soon as the System is booted. This allows it to connect the PC with a command and control server in order to receive instruction from cyber-criminals. This is followed by a depth System scanning in order to search the files that it can encrypt. The targeted files are generally multimedia files, MS Office docs and other day-to-day used program files. It uses AES asymmetric encryption algorithm which is a very powerful file encryption methodology. For every encrypted file, cyber-criminals allot different decryption key.
Scarab Ransomware doesn’t take much time to do the System scan and complete the encryption process. Now when you reboot your PC, you may ransom note as the wallpaper. The same ransom note is stored in .text or .html on every folder that contains locked files. As per the ransom note, the files are locked because user were involved in some kind of illegal activities such as downloading copyright contents, promoting child-pornography and so on. Their personal files have been encrypted and some particular amount of money is asked to get the decryption key. The identity of cyber-criminals remain hidden in all these process because they user Tor-Browser and they asks to make payment in Bitcoin virtual currency.
Is it Safe to Pay Ransom money to Recover Files?
As per cyber-experts, it is never recommended to pay any kind of ransom money. This whole process is spam because cyber-criminals will not provide the original decryption key even after the money is paid. They will not response to your communication request once they receive the money. And most of all, the money you pay will be used by them to create malware infection. So, don’t pay any ransom money or negotiate with them. First of all, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool so that its payloads and files get removed. Now, try alternate data recovery process such as using backup files or “Volume Shadow Copies”. If backup is not available then you may try some data recovery process. However before executing any of these data recovery steps, make your PC clean from malware and ransomware.
Remove Scarab Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Scarab Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Scarab Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Scarab Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Scarab Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Scarab Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Scarab Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Scarab Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Scarab Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Scarab Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Scarab Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Scarab Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Scarab Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Scarab Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Scarab Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Scarab Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.