Depth Analysis on Zeus virus
Zeus virus is a very nuisance banking Trojan and its various versions are circulating over Internet. This malware has been active since a decade and has infected thousands of PC users in world-wide geographical location. Its source code was detected and cracked in 2011 however cyber-criminals developed several new offspring which works in similar way but its source code is entirely different and is still unknown. Some of the popular version of Zeus virus is “GameOver Zeus, ZeusPanda virus, Terdot, CryptoLocker Ransomware, Zbot and so on. Since this is banking Trojan hence its main aim is to cheat your banking and financial credentials such as credit card details, password, and login-information and so on. They will misguide and cheat your data through bogus call support alerts, showing security update errors and so on. It tries to gather search data and browsing history and assists third-parties to through sponsored commercial ads accordingly.
First of all, you must ignore all the notifications and pop-ups that contains “Zeus” name on it. If the pop-ups say that your Pc has infected with Zeus virus then don’t believe on them. This is a spam and when the notification is clicked, adware gets intruded in the PC secretly. However, somehow if this malware got installed then first of all it will target to cheat your personal data. It tries to collect important password related to FTP, POP3, and IE and so on. It triggers key-loggers that constantly track the browsing and Online shopping pattern, Based on the collected data, it shows notification like fake survey, fill-in forms and so on. You should definitely avoid filling such data because they are spam and ultimately you will get cheated financially.
Zeus virus connects the PC with remote server. The contacted command-and-control server executes malicious activities which are operated by cyber-criminals. They download multiple arbitrary files and programs and thus PC starts to restart or reboot on regular basis. It silently transfers all the confidential information to third-parties and you may face huge financial loss situation. Don’t communicate to any call or tech support number that it offers. These are spam and ultimately you will get cheated very badly. Protect your PC from such malware by using a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics to get rid of such malware. If you have technical expertise then you may also execute the manual process as mentioned below.
Remove Zeus virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Zeus virus then you were highly suggested to delete Zeus virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Zeus virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Zeus virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Zeus virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Zeus virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Zeus virus manually?
Eliminate Zeus virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Zeus virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Zeus virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Zeus virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Zeus virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Zeus virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Zeus virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Zeus virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.