Is You Have Won A Google Gift Pop-up is Genuine or is it a spam?
Many of the PC users are claiming that they are being disturbed by a lucrative pop-up that notifies You Have Won A Google Gift. The novice users who interacted with such pop-ups faced severe issues later including data theft. This article will provide the depth analysis of this bogus alerts and removal process.
Remember that you should always stay away from such highly lucrative and impossible offers. Nothing is free especially over Internet. Don’t fall in the trap and give answers to the personal questions such as your IP address, username, telephone or email details, bookmarked webpage and browsing history. These data may look unimportant but they are very sensitive. Cyber-criminals use social engineering technique using these details and cheat financial information of victims.
If you don’t interact with such pop-ups then your PC is safe. However some time these pop-ups appears on the screen regularly and they interrupt the browsing activities. There is always a risk of identity theft and money loss. You may even get manipulated to buy monthly subscription in order to get such deals in future. Usually they have partnership with shady affiliate websites for their pay-per-click ads promotion. Beware that Google is a very reputed and trusted search-engine provider and it had nothing to with these scams. Google never offers gifts and offers this ways and asks for personal details of users. It is cyber-criminals who manipulate innocent victims for financial gains.
Beware from Adware Promoting Such Scams
The scam like You Have Won A Google Gift is triggered by adware that secretly gets entered in the targeted PC. Don’t download bogus plug-ins and extensions in the browser especially from the shady unknown websites. They contain additional attachments that are not disclosed in the default installation setup. Read the terms and agreement careful before you download any application. Quick/basic installation method should be avoided and choose advance/custom process. Be careful to read EULA and privacy-policy.
Remove You Have Won A Google Gift using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with You Have Won A Google Gift then you were highly suggested to delete You Have Won A Google Gift by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like You Have Won A Google Gift. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove You Have Won A Google Gift. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall You Have Won A Google Gift from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete You Have Won A Google Gift using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of You Have Won A Google Gift manually?
Eliminate You Have Won A Google Gift by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out You Have Won A Google Gift as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove You Have Won A Google Gift entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete You Have Won A Google Gift.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\You Have Won A Google Gift.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent You Have Won A Google Gift and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like You Have Won A Google Gift infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by You Have Won A Google Gift again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.