Easy Steps to Uninstall X New Tab Page
X New Tab Page is an unwanted and questionable extension that is responsible for aggressive commercial advertisements and pop-ups. Its official domain is puffermind.com where it is promoted and claims to offers so many benefits to its users. The extensions like TTubeAdBlocker, TubeAdBlocker, TuabeAdBlocker etc. are similar and does identical malicious activities. So, if you notice any similar add-ons or extensions in the browser then you must remove it as quickly.
Let see the issues that you will face due to X New Tab Page attack. Like any other commercial extension, this application claims that it will save your time and money while you shop Online. It promises to provide the best available deals, coupons, discounts, price-comparisons etc. Every product that you search to buy is promoted at a very highly lucrative price. But this is just a manipulation and a scam. When the related pop-ups are clicked, the webpage gets redirected to perilous webpage and harmful malware gets downloaded in the backdoor. It is a threat for the browser as well as for the Operating System. First of all, you must not get panic and continue reading this technical blog to know about some process to deal this vermin and fix it. It is true that this malware can attack your PC from multiple ways however it can be uninstalled as well.
X New Tab Page gets inside the marked PC secretly without user’s approval. It is not a stand-alone infection that means that it could bring other risky malware from backdoor. The questionable installers like IntallRex etc. contain the additional attachments with them that are found to be payload of X New Tab Page. Such bundlers and installers doesn’t reveals about the attachment and a single click on it pop-ups will put your PC in danger. The related homepage are programmed very attractively and it gives an impression that you are dealing with a legitimate website. Its marketing slogan is very attractive and misleading. After settling down, it starts to follow user’s activities. It may apply questionable tricks such as browser cookies, key-loggers, beacons, pixels etc. to cheat the data regarding your browsing activities, non-identifiable information, username, password, IP address, geographical location and so on. You can easily imagine that how dangerous it could be if X New Tab Page remains in the browser for a longer time. Removing the related extension or add-ons from the browser is not the solution to fix the issue. It will again come back as soon as the browser is rebooted. It is recommended to scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool.
How X New Tab Page Does Circulates?
The malware can travel through multiple ways and the most common are bundling, spam email attachments, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, freeware/shareware downloads and so on. It is important that you only choose official and legitimate sources in order to download any application. Choose advance/custom installation option to avoid additional components. Read the terms and agreement and EULA carefully. In the same way, be careful from the spam email especially sent by unknown senders. If it contains a lot of spelling and grammatical errors then it is definitely a spam. Use a powerful anti-malware tool that will protect your PC in all situations.
Remove X New Tab Page using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with X New Tab Page then you were highly suggested to delete X New Tab Page by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like X New Tab Page. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove X New Tab Page. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall X New Tab Page from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete X New Tab Page using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of X New Tab Page manually?
Eliminate X New Tab Page by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out X New Tab Page as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove X New Tab Page entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete X New Tab Page.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\X New Tab Page.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent X New Tab Page and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like X New Tab Page infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by X New Tab Page again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.