How to get rid of WinZip Smart Monitor (Virus uninstall)
Do you know about WinZip Smart Monitor? This article can help you to understand about this malware as well as its infection. Security experts have detected this virus as browser hijacker that has the capacity to infect your entire PCs by spreading malicious program in your computer. You can’t able to work on your machine as usual like before. It is important to delete it from your System quickly.
WinZip Smart Monitor is very dangerous browser hijacker
It changes the default setting of your browser and corrupts some legitimate function of browser as well. It is very devastating malware program and computer infection that can easily alter your Windows PCs without permission. It infects your URLs new tab, home page and search engine of your browser that can cause browser redirects on misleading websites or third parties websites. It can do malicious changes in default setting in your computer and break your System security. It disables your antivirus software and blocks Firewall security of your System. You can’t find its location in your computer. It can deep hide inside your PCs and created such big troubles. It can modify your browser shortcuts on desktop with some unwanted extension and pin to taskbar as well. When you try to open such shortcuts, then this fake program can automatically execute in your System.
Harmful impact on your computer, once WinZip Smart Monitor installed
- It alters your some popular web browser that includes Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari and other. You can’t visit the websites that you want due its browser redirection behavior.
- It disables your some legitimate software program like antivirus, Firewall, registry editor, control panel and other application.
- WinZip Smart Monitor is creation of malware programmer. Its main aim is to collect your sensitive information such as user name, password, IP address, URLs search, browser history, search queries, geographical location, financial data and more crucial information as well. They can share your all crucial and confidential data to unknown user or hacker that can be misuse by them.
- WinZip Smart Monitor can connect your PCs to remote server and allows the hacker to do malicious attacks on your PCs in its own ways. However, It can introduce your computer with malicious harmful virus like Trojan and ransomware that can lock your System permanently.
Distribution Methods of WinZip Smart Monitor
It is generally come in your System via email spam messages or unsolicited mail, attachments, free software packages, crack software, fake software updates, downloaded movie, music, games and pdf, infected external media drives, social sites, porn or adult related websites, malicious ads or popup, malicious hyperlinks, file sharing network and many other sources. You should avoid such fake ads or popup or links. Software developer has created custom/advance setting that reduces all the junk files or virus from this free software. You may choose these recommended setting for the installation of freeware program. It is probability to delete WinZip Smart Monitor from your machine with our easy removal solution.
Remove WinZip Smart Monitor using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with WinZip Smart Monitor then you were highly suggested to delete WinZip Smart Monitor by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like WinZip Smart Monitor. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove WinZip Smart Monitor. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall WinZip Smart Monitor from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete WinZip Smart Monitor using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of WinZip Smart Monitor manually?
Eliminate WinZip Smart Monitor by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out WinZip Smart Monitor as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove WinZip Smart Monitor entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete WinZip Smart Monitor.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\WinZip Smart Monitor.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent WinZip Smart Monitor and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like WinZip Smart Monitor infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by WinZip Smart Monitor again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.