Win32/CoinMiner.DV is a severe malware infection whose primary aims to mine Bitcoin and other crypto-currency from the infected PC. It is disguised in the PC as a genuine application. It ruins the overall performance of the PC and particularly decreases the Internet speed to its minimum level. The browsers as well as several important applications star getting crash on regular basis. Win32/CoinMiner.DV is not a new infection and rather it has so many versions active since the year 2011. You will be amazed to know that many anti-malware tools have detected Win32/CoinMiner.DV and have categorized it as a severe malware infection.
More about Win32/CoinMiner.DV (Depth Analysis)
In order to settle down completely, Win32/CoinMiner.DV executes cgminer.exe command in the System. This miner doesn’t show its traces because its related executable is hidden and will not be shown in the Windows Task Manager. The PC gets totally unresponsive and it shows various kinds of bogus alerts and pop-ups while you are performing normal tasks. In the background, its related files come more than 50% of the CPU resources.
Win32/CoinMiner.DV definitely makes the PC performance extremely slow and sluggish. Surprisingly there are so many coin-mining browser add-ons that are available on Google Chrome Apps and Web Store.
How Win32/CoinMiner.DV Does Gets Inside the PC:
Remove Win32/CoinMiner.DV using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Win32/CoinMiner.DV then you were highly suggested to delete Win32/CoinMiner.DV by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Win32/CoinMiner.DV . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Win32/CoinMiner.DV . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Win32/CoinMiner.DV from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Win32/CoinMiner.DV using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Win32/CoinMiner.DV manually?
Eliminate Win32/CoinMiner.DV by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Win32/CoinMiner.DV as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Win32/CoinMiner.DV entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Win32/CoinMiner.DV .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Win32/CoinMiner.DV .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Win32/CoinMiner.DV and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Win32/CoinMiner.DV infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Win32/CoinMiner.DV again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.