Wifipasser.com is a rogue website and it has three known versions namely Wifipasser.com/456, Wifipasser.com/463 and Wifipasser.com/439. This works like a browser-hijacker. It alters the DNS settings in order to take control over browsers such as IE, Google Chrome, and Firefox Mozilla and so on. Forcefully, it does all types of unwanted modification in the browser such as replacing the default homepage, new-tab URL, search-engine provider and so on. It constantly delivers intrusive commercial ads as well as spy on user’s activities in order to cheat highly sensitive information which could be personally identifiable data.
Most of the targeted users visit Wifipasser.com accidentally. Basically, the potentially unwanted programs redirect the webpage over such perilous domains. Additionally, they open few additional perilous webpage in additional tabs and they are also sponsored commercial webpage. The innocent users are misguided by bogus claims of offering some helpful and legitimate features however all such claims turns out to be false. They only deliver intrusive ads that are delivered in the form of bogus deals, coupons, price-comparisons, alerts and so on. The whole experience of Online browsing gets messed up due to unwanted redirections and intrusive ads. Further, they try to run scripts that download and install severe malware and PUP in the backdoor. They download suspicious plug-ins and add-ons in the browser that are dangerous and spying agents. They follow user’s activities and record key-board strokes in order to cheat highly sensitive information. This leads to privacy issues and identity theft. You are at the verge of losing all your sensitive personal information. Internet is full of suspicious domains like Wifipasser.com which manipulate the innocent victims through their bogus features and offers. They are harmful and hence it is advised to remove them as quickly as possible.
How Wifipasser.com Gets Inside the PC:
The associated cyber-criminals use various types of tricks and manipulation to download the malware scripts secretly. The popular techniques are bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments scams and so on. The cyber-criminals never ask for permission and don’t reveal anything about the malware scripts as hidden attachment. So, you must take some basic precautionary steps to avoid such kind of severe malware infection.
- Always use advance/custom installation steps while downloading any application in the work-station
- Read the terms and agreement and privacy-policy very carefully
- Don’t use peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as torrents
- Don’t click on random hyperlinks and pop-ups
- Avoid visiting suspicious websites such as porn and adult domains etc.
- Use a powerful anti-malware tool to get complete protection
Remove Wifipasser.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Wifipasser.com then you were highly suggested to delete Wifipasser.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Wifipasser.com. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Wifipasser.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Wifipasser.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Wifipasser.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Wifipasser.com manually?
Eliminate Wifipasser.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Wifipasser.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Wifipasser.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Wifipasser.com.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Wifipasser.com.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Wifipasser.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Wifipasser.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Wifipasser.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.