Is your personal files and programs has got infected by .firstname.lastname@example.org files virus and has become totally inaccessible? Do you receive message asking you to pay certain money as ransom? Are you unable to access your personal files associated to MS Office docs, multimedia files and so on?
.email@example.com files virus is actually the popular Scarab virus that can lock various types of files and folders stored in the PC storage disk. It uses AES military grade encryption cipher for file encryption and makes it totally inaccessible. The files extension name is modified by adding .firstname.lastname@example.org as prefix on the locked files.
The associated ransom note is provided which is a text file and it contains complete details regarding the file encryption and tries to convince the victims to pay ransom money for the restoration of encrypted files. The important Windows registries are modified in order to achieve its persistence. So, every time when Windows Operating System is opened, the malware immediately gets active. Its related ransom note is stored in a text file namely “HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT” that says a:
Your files are now encrypted!
Your personal identifier:
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC.
Now you should send us email with your personal identifier.
This email will be as confirmation you are ready to pay for decryption key.
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Contact us using this email address: email@example.com
If you don’t get a reply for 12 hours or if the email dies, then contact us using jabber(XMPP).
Download it form here: https://www.pidgin.im/ install it
Next download https://otr.cypherpunks.ca/ install it
Register here – https://www.xmpp.jp/signup?lang=en
In pidgin turn on module OTR
After write us in pidgin – firstname.lastname@example.org (It is not a mail,xmpp)
Free decryption as guarantee!
Before paying you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption.
The total size of files must be less than 10Mb (non archived), and files should not contain
valuable information (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.).
How to obtain Bitcoins?
* The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click
‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price:
* Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
* Do not rename encrypted files.
* Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
* Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price
(they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
How to Recover Encrypted files:
The ransom note asks the victims to pay the ransom money. However this is not the solution and is never recommended by the experts. You cannot trust cyber-criminals that they will help you and provide the original decryption key. They will break all the communication links after receiving the money. So, the best way to recover the files is to use backup files if you had created earlier. You can also try using “Volume Shadow Copies|” or data recovery tool. However, before using these steps, is important to scan the PC with a powerful antimalware tool so that all the related items of .email@example.com files virus is removed and data recovery process could get executed smoothly.
Remove .firstname.lastname@example.org files virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .email@example.com files virus then you were highly suggested to delete .firstname.lastname@example.org files virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .email@example.com files virus . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .firstname.lastname@example.org files virus . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .email@example.com files virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .firstname.lastname@example.org files virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .email@example.com files virus manually?
Eliminate .firstname.lastname@example.org files virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .email@example.com files virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .firstname.lastname@example.org files virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .email@example.com files virus .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ .firstname.lastname@example.org files virus .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .email@example.com files virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .firstname.lastname@example.org files virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .email@example.com files virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.