WebBarMedia is actually an application that claims to provide direct access to the Internet from desktop. It offers features like quick search result and promised to reduce the random clutters thus help in boosting the Internet speed and performance. Believing on the company claims, anybody would consider it as a genuine application. But cyber-experts have different point of view regarding this application. They consider it is a potentially unwanted program due to its stealth installation and capability to make unwanted and suspicious modifications in the PC settings. After successfully getting installed in the PC, it downloads suspicious plug-ins and add-ons in the browser that spy on user’s activities and leads to privacy issues and data theft.
WebBarMedia may allow cyber-criminals to get access to your confidential and personal information such as IP address, bank account details, password, and login-information and so on. Its payloads and scripts get downloaded inadvertently without the user’s permission. It is distributed through freeware and shareware as additional attachments. The downloader or installers which are “download clients” helps to monetize free services offered on the shady websites. The careless installation of third-parity programs and services often brings troubles including the secret installation of malware and ransomware.
All the claims made by WebBarMedia are totally bogus. It is not going to provide any real value or useful features or services. Rather they diminish the overall Online browsing experience. They try to generate revenue by continuously showing pay-per-click ads and pay-per-downloads services.
As prevention steps, you should always decline basic or default installation steps and choose advance or custom installation steps while downloading any application. The additional attachments with any application should be stopped from getting installed. Read the terms and agreement and privacy-policy carefully. Don’t download any application whose features are not clear.
Issues Cased by WebBarMedia
- Constantly spy on users activities with the help of plug-ins and add-ons
- Downloads key-loggers in the PC that record key-board strokes
- Leads to privacy issues and data theft
- Downloads so many random files and programs in the PC
- Alters the important registries and system files
- Exploits the PC security vulnerabilities and exposes the loopholes
Presence of WebBarMedia in the PC is serious, risky and you must take quick step to uninstall it from the work-station. The detailed information regarding its removal process has been broadly described below. The manual steps has also been provided which you can execute if you have the necessary expertise and technical skills.
Remove WebBarMedia using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with WebBarMedia then you were highly suggested to delete WebBarMedia by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like WebBarMedia . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove WebBarMedia . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall WebBarMedia from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete WebBarMedia using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of WebBarMedia manually?
Eliminate WebBarMedia by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out WebBarMedia as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove WebBarMedia entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete WebBarMedia .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ WebBarMedia .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent WebBarMedia and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like WebBarMedia infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by WebBarMedia again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.