Waifu Ransomware is a version of Dharma Ranomware which is considered to the most high-risky and perilous malware infection of recent times. It gets inside the targeted PC secretly and starts encrypting the personal files and programs of users using the powerful symmetric and asymmetric cryptography cipher. The filename .[Darknes@420blaze.it].waifu is added in every file that it encrypts. Its ransom note file named as “FILESENCRYPTED.txt” is stored on the desktop. This ransom note starts to randomly open as a pop-up on the PC screen on regular basis. They ask the victims to pay ransom money and make so many unwanted modifications in the PC settings.
- Is it Worthy to Pay Ransom money?
- Is paying ransom money is the way to get encrypted files back?
- Is there any alternate way to get encrypted files back?
The technical blog will provide the complete details on Waifu Ransomware and answers to some of the basic questions that creates panic among the victims. Read this blog till the end to know some easy way to remove this malware and recover your files without paying ransom money.
Depth Analysis of Waifu Ransomware (Quick Guide)
After successfully settling down, Waifu Ransomware triggers ransom note that ask you to pay ransom money. The victims are asked to follow the given instructions in the ransom note such as contacting the developer through provided email ID, transfer money in Bitcoin Wallet and so on. There are separate decryption key for each victims and this decryption keys is stored in the remote server that is owned by cyber-criminals. The price of ransom money is disclosed in the ransom note. Most probably, it demands on how fast the victim contact with the malware developer. Generally, the ransom amount fluctuates between $500 to $1500.
It doesn’t matter what the price amount is. The ransom money should be never paid because there is no guarantee that you will the original key on payment. There have been maximum cases in the past that cyber-criminals didn’t provided the original decryption even after the complete payment is done. Interestingly, they continued encrypting other files and folders stored in the PC hard-disk. The users get scammed as they lose their hard earned money as well as personal data. Never pay the ransom money because the money that you give is used for making other severe malware infection.
Best Way of Data Recovery
THE encrypted files are recoverable if you have created a backup files earlier. It is also possible that ransomware didn’t encrypt “Shadow Volume Copies” hence you can check it as well. Before using any data recovery process, be sure that all the related files and scripts of Waifu Ransomware is removed from the PC.
Prevention Tips from Ransomware
- Don’t download third-party programs from untrusted sources
- Read the terms and agreement very careful before downloading any applications
- Don’t open spam email attachments or suspicious messages
- Avoid downloading unnecessary plug-ins and add-ons
Remove Waifu Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Waifu Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Waifu Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Waifu Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Waifu Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Waifu Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Waifu Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Waifu Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Waifu Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Waifu Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Waifu Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Waifu Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Waifu Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Waifu Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Waifu Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Waifu Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.