ViroBotnet ransomware is yet another data-encrypting malware similar to .CRYPTOSHIEL file extension, email@example.com, NM4 Ransomware and so on. The settings of the infected PC get modified on infection and the data stored in the hard-disk gets encrypted and becomes inaccessible. It appends .enc extension on every targeted file. Cyber-criminals are considering that more versions of ViroBotnet ransomware will be released in future which will be more dangerous and powerful than one another. This ransomware is a Cryptovirus type malware which uses a powerful encryption method and technology to data encryption.
Depth Analysis of ViroBotnet ransomware
This data –encrypting malware is entire new and it doesn’t belong to any ransomware group. It works independently and there is a huge probability that this is the intermediate version and more of this kind of malware will be released in future. Till this time, it is unknown regarding its encryption cipher types. It alters the important registry entries so that it could affect the Operating System and gets active as soon as the System is booted. Many important functions may get unavailable and even the entire PC will become unstable.
ViroBotnet ransomware can encrypt wide range of files especially those which you use on regular basis. It can encrypt MS Office docs, multimedia files, archives, databases, PDF reader and so on. Its ransom note is stored in README.txt that contains contents in French language that goes as “Vos fichiers personnels ont été chiffrés. Lisez les instructions du logiciel”. This means that your personal files has been encrypted and read the software instructions. It does ask to pay certain ransom money and its amount changes victims to victims. It is never recommended to pay the ransom money because there is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key once the money is paid. So, first of all, you must check the “Shadow Volume Copies. Since the infection is its early phase, there is a huge probability that cyber-criminals doesn’t touch the “Shadow Volume Copies”. You can also use the backup files if you have created earlier. However, before using all these methods to remove malware, it is advised to remove ViroBotnet ransomware from the PC. So, first of all, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm.
How ViroBotnet ransomware gets inside the PC;
The prime way of malware and ransomware attack is through spam email attachments campaigns. These emails contain macros and script of ransomware that are installed in the PC very secretly. So, it is strongly recommended to avoid opening email attachments that are sent by unknown senders. Be careful from emails that contain a lot of spelling and grammatical errors in its contents.
Remove ViroBotnet ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with ViroBotnet ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete ViroBotnet ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like ViroBotnet ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove ViroBotnet ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall ViroBotnet ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete ViroBotnet ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of ViroBotnet ransomware manually?
Eliminate ViroBotnet ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out ViroBotnet ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove ViroBotnet ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete ViroBotnet ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ ViroBotnet ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent ViroBotnet ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like ViroBotnet ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by ViroBotnet ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.