Browser hijacked by Uniquecaptcha.com Virus: Is there any solution?
Have you ever noticed Uniquecaptcha.com misleading website domain on the query box of your browser? This nasty malware is not safe for your online privacy & System security. According to Cyber security experts, it is very notorious malware and computer infection that is belongs to redirect virus category. It forcedly redirects your browser’s search on its own site or other shady websites that shows always bogus results and lots of ads or popup messages on your browser. For more details, you can read this article carefully. I am sure this article will help you to remove Uniquecaptcha.com from System completely & safely.
Threat Name: Uniquecaptcha.com
Threat Type: Adware, PUP, Browser Hijacker or Redirect Virus
Description: This nasty malware injects malicious codes in your main browser as well as in your System’s settings and leads major damages in your System.
Distribution Methods: Malicious ads or popup messages, bundles of free software packages and many other tricks
Motives of Crooks: Aims to steal your personal information as well as steal your money from your wallet or e-wallet
What is Uniquecaptcha.com Redirect Virus?
It is potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is come under Cyber threats. This misleading website domain fills its platform with lots of ads or popup messages that can redirect your browser’s search on hacked or third parties’ websites in order to click on such ads. According to Cyber security experts, it might possible this site helps you in any cases. However, it installs malicious unwanted programs in your computer without any notice and corrupt major genuine functions of your computer. In simple word, we can say that you can’t work on your System comfortably as usual like before due to its dubious behaviors. If your System has detected this malware, then you should try to remove Uniquecaptcha.com Malware from System immediately.
More details about Uniquecaptcha.com Browser Hijacker
This dubious malware modifies your browser shortcuts on the desktop with its own extension and pin it to taskbar as well. When you try to open such infected shortcuts, then you will see malicious unwanted website domain as default search engine of your browser. It claims that is safe & fast search engine as compare to some popular search engine like Google, Yahoo and Bing. But it is bogus at all. You should never trust on them at any cases. It delivers huge amount of ads or popup messages on your browser that can degrade the overall performance of your internet browsing activities. In order to click on such ads or visit malicious sites, cybercriminals can keep record of your some information such as IP address, URLs search, user name, password, banking information and more details. So, it is important to delete this cunning malware from computer.
Distribution Methods: How your System gets infected from Uniquecaptcha.com Redirect Virus?
- Freeware or shareware: It can get install in your System from bundles of free software packages which you are downloaded from internet.
- Fake software updates or pirated software: If you are using pirated or crack software in your computer, then you might get malicious infection in your System.
- Infected external media drives: It can get enters into your computer via infected CD, DVD, USB drives, SD cards and others.
- Malicious ads or popup: This dubious malware can come in your System via malicious ads or popup messages which are displayed on your browser by hacked websites.
Remove Uniquecaptcha.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Uniquecaptcha.com then you were highly suggested to delete Uniquecaptcha.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Uniquecaptcha.com. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Uniquecaptcha.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Uniquecaptcha.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Uniquecaptcha.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Uniquecaptcha.com manually?
Eliminate Uniquecaptcha.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Uniquecaptcha.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Uniquecaptcha.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Uniquecaptcha.com.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Uniquecaptcha.com.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Uniquecaptcha.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Uniquecaptcha.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Uniquecaptcha.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.