.SYS ransomware is another addition in malware encrypting personal files of victims and asking them to pay ransom money to get the files back. The targeted files become inaccessible until the demanded ransom money is not paid. The extension of the infected files gets changed with a 16 character hexadecimal string filename. For example 1D674D004NNB70F474DFF1B265DAB987.SYS. The ransom note is stored in every folder containing the files. The ransom demanding note is named as “_HELP_INSTRUCTION.TXT”.
The related ransom note tries to convince the victims to pay the ransom money as early as possible within the given timeframe. The ransom note contains multiple emails ID such as firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. It also warns and threats the victims to not use any third-party applications for file decryption. It is unknown about the encryption cryptography used by .SYS ransomware. Most possibly, it uses the combination of symmetric and asymmetric encryption method. After successful encryption, it generates unique decryption key that is stored in the remote server of cyber-criminals. They could only be accessed by the cyber-criminals.
The ransom note of .SYS ransomware tries to convince the victims that paying the ransom money is the only solution. However, cyber-criminals should never be trusted. There is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key after the money is paid. In most case, all the communication links and channels with the cyber-criminals gets blocked after the money is paid.
How to Recover Encrypted files:
The best scenario of file encryption is that you have the necessary back up files stored in external storage device. On the other hand, you will have to rely on “Shadow Volume Copies” or third-party data recovery tool. However, before executing any of these methods, it is important that you remove all the scripts and files associated to .SYS ransomware. So, first scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics. Once the work-station becomes free from malware, you can begin the data recovery process.
How .SYS ransomware does Gets Distributed:
The cyber-criminals uses multiple ways to distributed malware and the most common of them is spam email attachments, unsafe software downloads bundling, unsafe domains promoting bogus notification and offers and so on. The malware scripts come as an additional attachment presented as PDF archive files, MS Office docs and so on. The peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as torrents, eMule, hosting websites etc. are other major source of ransomware scripts.
Take Basic Precautionary Measures:
- Don’t download random files or programs in the PC
- Always choose advance or custom installation methods
- Don’t click on random clicks and pop-ups
- Strengthen the privacy settings and security firewalls by using a powerful anti-malware tool
Remove .SYS ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .SYS ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete .SYS ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .SYS ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .SYS ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .SYS ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .SYS ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .SYS ransomware manually?
Eliminate .SYS ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .SYS ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .SYS ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .SYS ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ .SYS ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .SYS ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .SYS ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .SYS ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.