Super Tuneup is an application designed and developed by Systweak Software. Many of the cyber-experts categorize it under doubtful and bogus System optimization tool. It makes so many claims and offers and is presented as free tool that promises the Windows registry cleaning and optimization. On its official website, it is said that this application has been developed by the approved Microsoft Partner. Any novice user will easily get manipulated and cheated by these claims. In fact, there is nothing about Super Tuneup that is positive and it is not going to provide any kind of benefits to its users. This is a trick used by its developer to lure you and make money from you.
Some questions that Windows PC users often ask about Super Tuneup:
- I haven’t downloaded Super Tuneup then how did it come in my PC?
- Super Tuneup scan shows that my PC is infected with malware and other infections. Is it true?
- Unable to uninstall Super Tuneup. How can I remove?
If you have not installed Super Tuneup in your PC and still notice its extension or shortcuts on the desktop then this could easily create a panic. When you try to remove it from the Windows Task Manager, Browser or Registry Editor then it error messages occurs. It again comes back after the PC is restarted. How can I remove Super Tuneup permanently? Well, the answer is in the next two-three paragraphs of this blog.
Malicious Things about Super Tuneup
The most doubtful thing about Super Tuneup is that it comes and gets installed in the PC without permission from user and hence it is categorized as a potentially unwanted program. It deceit the innocent users and compels the victims to do a System scan. The notification for System scan becomes a continuous process and it keeps reminding you through pop-ups on regular basis.
Eventually, in the scan report of Super Tuneup, so many unnecessary entries and files are shown in a huge list. The major scam or catch is here. It asks you to buy full premium version which is $29.95. There is very high possibility that novice users will get lured to pay. The program is non-refundable and hence there is no way to get the paid amount back.
The error messages and harmful infections claims are spam. They are just enticing techniques to encourage you to buy the paid version. This program is worthless. The best proof of its spam is that it will show so many infections and threats on the brand new computer as well. Further, it tries to collect personally identifiable as well as non-identifiable information of users. The collected data are shared with third-parties and this leads to privacy issues as well as identity theft.
How Super Tuneup Does Spread:
- Bundling: As an additional hidden attachments with freeware and shareware
- Peer to peer file sharing networks such as torrents
- Spam email attachments and messages
- Exploitation and loopholes in the PC security settings
Remove Super Tuneup using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Super Tuneup then you were highly suggested to delete Super Tuneup by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Super Tuneup . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Super Tuneup . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Super Tuneup from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Super Tuneup using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Super Tuneup manually?
Eliminate Super Tuneup by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Super Tuneup as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Super Tuneup entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Super Tuneup .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Super Tuneup .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Super Tuneup and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Super Tuneup infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Super Tuneup again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.