Ssoption is an ad-supported potentially-unwanted-program that secretly gets inside the targeted PC and causes a lot of troubles for its users. It can easily add its associated nasty plug-ins and add-on on popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla, and Internet Explorer and so on. Its main purpose is to redirect the users over sponsored commercial websites and gets commission and funds in return. On the hand, the commercial ads and pop-ups mess up the overall Online browsing experience for the users. Ssoption will illegally modify the browser settings such as its default homepage, new-tab URL, search-engine provider and so o
The early signs of Ssoption attack are the increase in commercial and sponsored posts that are delivered in the form of bogus deals, coupons, price-comparisons, alerts and so on. While using browser, you would realize that its default settings has been modified. The browsing work constantly gets disrupted by commercials and pop-ups. The normal tasks such as opening new tabs etc. become very slow. The internet speed also gets extremely sluggish.
One more thing that is dangerous about Ssoption is data collection. The plug-ins and add-ons that it secretly adds in the browser are key-loggers. They spy on users activities in order to get access to highly sensitive information such as username, password, Online browsing details, and other sensitive information. This information is shared with third-parties in exchange of funds and commission. Such data are used in affiliate marketing and commercial activities.
How Ssoption Comes Inside the PC:
The attack of browser-hijacker or adware is primarily executed through bundling, social engineering and spam email attachments. The freeware and shareware that are promoted on untrusted sources are very risky because they contain doubtful hidden attachments with them. So, to avoid such unwanted files installation, it is recommended to choose advance/custom installation steps. Read the terms and agreement and privacy-policy very carefully. Avoid clicking on random pop-ups and links. Spam email attachment is also a major sources or malware attack. So, don’t open email attachments that are sent by unknown doubtful senders. The spam emails usually contains spelling errors and grammatical mistakes in their contents. So, be careful some such emails.
Practice a safe Online browsing habits and this will reduce the change of malware infection to a huge extent. Upgrade the PC security settings by using a powerful anti-malware tool having strong scanning algorithm and programming logic.
Remove Ssoption using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Ssoption then you were highly suggested to delete Ssoption by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Ssoption . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Ssoption . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Ssoption from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Ssoption using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Ssoption manually?
Eliminate Ssoption by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Ssoption as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Ssoption entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Ssoption .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Ssoption .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Ssoption and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Ssoption infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Ssoption again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.