When your personal files get encrypted by .SPG File ransomware then this means that your work-station has been attacked by RotorCrypt Ransomware. The encrypted files will no longer be accessible and it adds some strange extension on the encrypted file. It uses an anonymous email ID namely INKGNITO8000@TUTAMAIL.COM which is provided to the victims for communication. Its ransom note asks the victims to pay ransom money in Bitcoin virtual currency so that the identity of cyber-criminal remains hidden. It claims that you will receive the unique decryption key on pay payment of ransom money but this is just a scam in reality. To know more about .SPG File ransomware, it is advised to read the blog carefully. Here you will get the malware removal process as well as easy data recovery process.
The aim of .SPG File ransomware is to convince you to pay the ransom money. You cannot access the files unless you pay the money that is asked for. Once this infection settles down, .SPG File ransomware stats a quick scan of the PC. It collects information like IP address, Windows OS version, geographical location and data regarding the types and number of files stored in the hard-disk. The aim of the malware is to remain silent and do all the suspicious activities in the backdoor. It also runs suspicious scripts that trigger Windows Command Prompt as an Admin. So, the suspicious Command Prompt always runs in the backdoor.
.SPG File ransomware can encrypt can target various types of files that could be multimedia files such as videos, images, audios, documents, MS Office application files, and those files that you use very often. Soon after detecting such files, it begins the data encryption process. According to cyber-experts, this malware uses the powerful .AES and .RSA encryption algorithm and hence it is very difficult to decrypt the locked files without decryption key.
How to Recover Files Encrypted by .SPG File ransomware
The unlocking of files is possible only through decryption key. You may be wondering that you should pay the ransom money. However, this is never recommended. Cyber-criminals often play spam and don’t provide the original decryption key even after the money is paid. They break all the communication links and use the ransom money for making other malware infection. So, first of all, you should scan your PC with a powerful anti-malware tool so that all the files and payloads of .SPG File ransomware get removed from the PC. Now, you should look for backup files of “Volume Shadow Copies”. You can also try some data recovery tool to recover the files however be sure all the payloads and files of .SPG File ransomware are removed from the work-station.
Remove .SPG File ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .SPG File ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete .SPG File ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .SPG File ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .SPG File ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .SPG File ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .SPG File ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .SPG File ransomware manually?
Eliminate .SPG File ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .SPG File ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .SPG File ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .SPG File ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\.SPG File ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .SPG File ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .SPG File ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .SPG File ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.