Somefungames is a potentially unwanted program that promises to provide so many benefits and features to the users including the direct access to so many popular games from the web-browser. This is one of the best features for Online gamers. However, it is important to mention here that it downloads suspicious plug-ins and add-ons in the browser. Further, it constantly disturbs by showing commercial ads, pop-ups, deals, coupons, price-comparisons, alerts and so on. These are tricks compelling the users to buy products and services that are useless. Apart from showing intrusive ads, they also try to access highly sensitive and personal information’s.
As mentioned earlier, Somefungames pop-ups are not helpful as it is projected. In order to achieve maximum traffic on the sponsored websites, it starts bombarding third-party graphical ads and hyperlinks on the middle of the webpage. These annoying ads are very disturbing and dangerous as well because they redirected the webpage over untrusted websites. They also run scripts secretly that downloads and installs other potentially unwanted programs in the backdoor. So, eventually Somefungames will bring some of the most dangerous and perilous infections in your PC.
Our reports suggest that this kind of adware could also leads to privacy issue issues and ultimately causes data theft. They uses plug-ins and key-loggers to collect sensitive information such as IP address, geographical location, bank account details, Online browsing and shopping patter and so on. These data are sold to third-parties and they misuse it illegally. There is a huge risk of data privacy and ultimately this leads to data theft.
Somefungames is a PUP similar to Go Safe Search, Driver Maximizer and Pulseonclick.com. They are identical in their perilous activities. They damage Operating System, Browsers as well as data-to-day used applications. They fail to offer functionalities that they promise.
How Somefungames Gets Inside the PC:
The PUP like Somefungames could be downloaded from tis official websites. But most victims get it in their work-station accidentally. They get deceived by the advance technique such as bundling, social engineering, spam email attachments etc. So, it is strongly advised to be careful while downloading any kind of applications in the work-station in the PC. Read their terms and agreement and privacy-policy very carefully. Always choose advance or custom installation steps. Avoid opening emails that are sent by unknown senders. And above all, use a powerful anti-malware tool to get complete protection all the time.
Remove Somefungames using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Somefungames then you were highly suggested to delete Somefungames by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Somefungames . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Somefungames . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Somefungames from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Somefungames using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Somefungames manually?
Eliminate Somefungames by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Somefungames as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Somefungames entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Somefungames .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Somefungames .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Somefungames and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Somefungames infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Somefungames again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.