.solo file virus is a data-encrypting malware that secretly gets inside the PC and locks the targeted files in order to make it inaccessible. This type of malware is especially categorized under ransomware community. The associated cyber-criminals threat the victims to pay certain money as ransom in order to get the decryption keys for locked files. This ransomware will continue encrypting files and folders until all its related items are removed from the PC. The cyber-criminals aggressively distribute this malware so that they could make quick money. .solo file virus settles down and starts a secret scan of the PC hard-disk. On scanning, it gets all the files that it can encrypt. The extension of the locked files gets changed. A ransom note is stored in every folder that contains that locked files. This ransom note could also be noticed on the desktop wallpaper. The ransom note has one ultimate message that is to buy the decryption key to unlock the files. The money is asked to be paid in Bitcoin Crypto-currency so that the real identity of cyber-criminals remains hidden.
Types of Files Encrypted by .solo file virus
When .solo file virus settles down in the PC, it does a quick scan of PC hard-disk in order to search files and programs that it can encrypt. It basically tries to encrypt that files that are used on daily basis. Some of the file types are
.ods, .odt, .orf, .p12, .p7b, .p7c, .pdd, .pdf, .pef, .pem, .pfx, .php, .png, .ppt, .pptm, .pptx, .psd, .pst, .ptx, .r3d, .rar, .raw, .rtf, .rw2, .rwl, .sql, .sr2, .srf, .srw, .tif, .wb2, .wma, .wpd, .wps, .x3f, .xlk, .xls, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .zip.1c, .3fr, .accdb, .ai, .arw, .bac, .bay, .bmp, .cdr, .cer, .cfg, .config, .cr2, .crt, .crw, .css, .csv, .db, .dbf, .dcr, .der, .dng, .doc, .docm, .docx, .dwg, .dxf, .dxg, .eps, .erf, .gif, .htm, .html, .indd, .iso, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .kdc, .lnk, .mdb, .mdf, .mef, .mk, .mp3, .mp4, .mrw, .nef, .nrw, .odb, .ode, .odm, .odp and so on.
How to Recover the Locked Files:
It is very confusing and panic situation when you cannot access your personal files. Things get worse when you come to know that you have to pay huge money to get your files back. As per the cyber-criminals, it is very important to pay the ransom money within a time period to get the decryption key. However, cyber-experts never recommend making such payments. There is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key. And most of all, as long as .solo file virus is there in the PC, it will continue damaging other files and programs. So, the better is to scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool and get rid of this malware. Once this ransomware is removed, you can use the backup files or “Volume Shadow Copies” to get your files back.
How .solo file virus gets Inside the PC:
- Peer-to-peer sharing networks
- Spam email attachments
- Clicks on unsafe links and pop-ups
- Freeware and shareware that works like installers
- Security vulnerabilities and exploitations
Remove .solo file virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .solo file virus then you were highly suggested to delete .solo file virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .solo file virus . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .solo file virus . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .solo file virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .solo file virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .solo file virus manually?
Eliminate .solo file virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .solo file virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .solo file virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .solo file virus .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ .solo file virus .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .solo file virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .solo file virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .solo file virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.