Know How to Delete SearchMeCenter Permanently
SearchMeCenter is a suspicious webpage that basically offers ad-supported services. Its homepage is manipulative because it contains contents asking you to download its extensions or plug-ins in the browser in order to get its services. It promises to simplify the web experience and help you in whatever activities you do Online. However, opposite to its claims, it starts showing clutter results for user’s queries and searched keywords. In order to entice the victims, It makes so many promises such as assurance to provide quick access to favorite websites, relevant results for search keywords and private web search option. However, all these features promised by SearchMeCenter are not offered as it says. After using it for some time, you would realize that its search-result is customized with sponsored websites links that are totally irrelevant. These links are pay-per-click or affiliate links hence the developer’s gets funds and commission.
In order to convince the victims for its services, it uses a catchy tagline on its homepage as “Trust Your Search Results”. It uses aggressive marketing techniques and is presented as very valuable. Using the unethical techniques, it secretly adds its related extension in the browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox Mozilla etc. When you try to uninstall it, an error message appears on the screen. Since it comes in the PC without permission from users, it is classified as a potentially unwanted program. Once it settles down, it makes major modifications in the browser settings such as homepage, new-tab URL and search-engine provider. The user will lose full control from Online surfing. The frequent webpage redirections and commercial ads bombarding will mess up the overall Online browsing experience. The webpage will get forwarded to suspicious websites that contains objectionable materials. Your Online browsing and surfing activities are monitored secretly and this leads to data-theft. You may lose your highly sensitive information such as bank account details, username, and password and so on. Hence it is advised to take quick steps as mentioned below to remove SearchMeCenter from your work-station as quickly as possible.
How SearchMeCenter Attacks the PC:
The intrusion of Potentially Unwanted Program is executed secretly. It could come bundled with freeware, shareware, software updates, and spam email attachments as well as through infected external storage devices. The suspicious payloads and codes are hidden and they don’t asks or take permission. So be careful while browsing and always choose advance/custom installation process to download any application. Avoid clicking on attractive links and pop-ups. Update the firewall security settings by using a powerful anti-malware tool and get all the time protection.
Remove SearchMeCenter using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with SearchMeCenter then you were highly suggested to delete SearchMeCenter by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like SearchMeCenter. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove SearchMeCenter. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall SearchMeCenter from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete SearchMeCenter using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of SearchMeCenter manually?
Eliminate SearchMeCenter by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out SearchMeCenter as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove SearchMeCenter entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete SearchMeCenter.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ SearchMeCenter.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent SearchMeCenter and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like SearchMeCenter infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by SearchMeCenter again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.