You are at the right place if you are searching of the technical details of Search.thesearchguard.com. It is a browser-hijacker and every Windows PC users must be careful from such kind of infection. Without user’s permission, it is bound to alter the browser configuration including the default search-engine provider and homepage. Additionally, it constantly triggers sponsored commercial ads and pop-ups on every webpage that user visits. It deals a paid partnership with third-parties for affiliate promotion. So, every offers and deals that you notice while browsing are based on pay-per-click and pay-per-install. If you interact with such pop-ups then this will end up in the attack of additional malware infection. This whole strategy from cyber-criminals is planned to get traffic to sponsored websites and receive revenue and funds in return. The Online browsing experience gets totally ruined due to maximum commercial ads and webpage redirections. All the modification in the browser-settings cannot be modified or adjusted.
Cyber-criminals use multiple advanced and cunning techniques to intrude malware in the PC. Some of the most often used methods are peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments, nasty hyperlinks, and freeware/shareware bundling and so on. You must avoid visiting unsafe and phishing websites that promotes suspicious links and freeware especially cracked software and paid games for free. Be careful from bundling and social engineering scams. Don’t download any program using basic/default installation process. The additional components attached with downloadable application can only be detected if you choose advance/custom installation set-up.
Issues Caused by Search.thesearchguard.com Browser-Hijacker
The first disturbance is caused on browsing activities. The unwanted modifications lead to webpage redirection over phishing websites. Doubtful plug-ins and add-ons gets installed in the browser that spy on Online browsing activities. So, there is always a risk of identity theft. It starts using browser cookies and key-loggers to record user’s activities. You will lose your non-identifiable information such as IP address, Geographical Location, Bank Account Details, Password, and so on. It connects the work-station with a command and control server in order to receive instruction from cyber-criminals. The important registries and System files gets ruined and thus several important and most popular application fails to function properly.
In order to remove Search.thesearchguard.com from work-station, it is advised to use a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm. Take precautionary measures for future such as avoid downloading freeware/shareware, don’t use unsafe peer-to-peer file sharing networks, don’t open email attachment from unknown senders and always choose advance/custom installation set-up.
Remove Search.thesearchguard.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Search.thesearchguard.com then you were highly suggested to delete Search.thesearchguard.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Search.thesearchguard.com. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Search.thesearchguard.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Search.thesearchguard.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Search.thesearchguard.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Search.thesearchguard.com manually?
Eliminate Search.thesearchguard.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Search.thesearchguard.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Search.thesearchguard.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Search.thesearchguard.com.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Search.thesearchguard.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Search.thesearchguard.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Search.thesearchguard.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.