Uninstall RedAnts Ransomware with Simple Steps
RedAnts Ransomware is a newly detected data-encrypting malware which is still in its early stage of development. The malware uses a strong AES encryption algorithm in order to encode the files stored on the infected machine. Like a noxious ransomware threat, it drops a ransom notification with demands to pay hefty sum of ransom money to get your important files back. In case, if you have become a victim of this ransomware, then we strongly advise you read the article thoroughly. This article is especially created to help you get rid of RedAnts Ransomware from your PC and recover AES-256 enciphered files easily.
Distribution Methods Used by RedAnts Ransomware Developers
In order to infect the targeted machine successfully, the malware uses spam email messages. These messages generally contain a convincing statement with a files attached onto it and appears to be a most important mail that should be opened by the users as soon as possible. Besides, there are various other methods by which RedAnts Ransomware can spread over the Internet. Some of them include a bogus installers downloaded from dubious web portals, malicious patches downloaded from the torrent websites and few other.
Technical Information on RedAnts Ransomware
As soon as the computer users opens those attached malicious files, the threat with a harmful payload takes place onto their machine immediately. Then after, it drops .Horas-Bah file extension some random symbols in every folder that contains the encrypted files. The malicious executable file may be dropped on several important Windows folders, such as %AppData%, %Roaming%, %Local%, %LocalRow% and %SystemDrive%. The RedAnts Ransomware may also modify the crucial Windows settings by adding few registry values into the Windows registry editor and usually targets the registry sub-keys. Besides, it may also alter some of the important computer files with the one and only motive of remaining undetected inside the machine while performing its main objective i.e. file encryption.
Encryption Process & Working Principles of RedAnts Ransomware
It is a very serious PC infection when it comes to file encryption. The ransomware takes the advantage of a powerful encryption algorithm, which is known as AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) or Rijndael. Although, the cipher is 256-bits the strength and it is quite difficult to decrypt the files enciphered by RedAnts Ransomware. For the encryption process, it may target MS Office files, PDF files, MS Office files, database files, text documents etc. However, the threat may also be pre-configured in order to encode the standard file types.
The system files that are encrypted this ransomware makes them no longer accessible and able to be opened. After the encryption process, the encoded files will be appended with .Horas-Bah file extension. However, it is not advisable to look for ransom payment, instead use backup copies for file restoration after the complete removal of RedAnts Ransomware from your work-station.
Remove RedAnts Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
RedAnts Ransomware: Online as well as Offline impacts
Online errors faced can by Users due to this threat:
- It will change your browser’s default search engine along with homepage and new tab page.
- From the beginning to last of surfing, you will constantly end up redirected to same malicious domain (especially to websites with 404 error page).
- You are blocked from accessing the security related domains.
- While surfing session you were forces to face numbers of pop-up ads and junk notifications.
- Due to unauthorized modifications by RedAnts Ransomware, your Computer’s Internet Speed does sluggish.
- You will also eventually get blue screen error (BSOD error) which freezes your entire browser’s process.
- You won’t be able to log out your own personal account due to modification in domain’s java scripts.
- Some strange toolbars and browser extension were automatically installed which increase browsing loading time.
- It will cause your browser freezing which can crashes eventually.
- In will runs click fraud and phishing functions online in order to increase Internet traffic of particular domain and illegally earn some revenue.
- Your mails, social messages were not able to send. It will bounce back right after sending to particular recipient.
Offline errors associated to RedAnts Ransomware have been found by experts:
- Some strange Icons were automatically installed inside your Computer’s taskbar, System tray as well as Desktop.
- You can find out some unwanted programs installed inside the PC named inside the Control Panel’s program list.
- You can notice unusual amount of file’s name were attached to favourites which even you don’t know.
- Strange problems were keeps happening while User’s work (performance issues, program gets crashes, etc.)
- PC’s performance got decreased since this vermin installed.
- Even you will not doing any particular work on PC, the RAM as well as CPU resources usage got higher than expect.
- Drives files were modified automatically or they were automatically moved to another drive volume.
- Malicious files replicate with legitimate and automatically delete from PC.
- As after starting the System the PC display got flips upside down or inverted.
- Automatic printing of documents and changing of desktop wallpaper.
- Not opening up task manager or taskbar disappearance.
- PC will take long time of booting and sometime it will restart automatically.
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with RedAnts Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete RedAnts Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like RedAnts Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove RedAnts Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall RedAnts Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete RedAnts Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of RedAnts Ransomware manually?
Eliminate RedAnts Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out RedAnts Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove RedAnts Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete RedAnts Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\RedAnts Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent RedAnts Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like RedAnts Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by RedAnts Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.