Depth Analysis of .recme File Extension
.recme File Extension is a file encrypting malware that has been developed by cyber-criminals. It encrypts the targeted files and programs and demands the victims to pay ransom money promising to provide the decryption key. The extension of the encrypted files changes to ‘.recme’. As long as this ransomware payload is there in the work-station, it constantly encrypts other files. You should never consider paying ransom money to cyber-criminals because there is no guarantee that the original decryption key will be provided after the money is paid.
.recme File Extension infection changes the PC wallpaper with the ransom note image. This ransom note contains the details about the malware and basically forces to pay ransom money. In order to win the trust of victim, it asks to provide one of the encrypted files that it promises to decrypt for free. This is a spam and the ultimate aim is to convince you. It uses powerful symmetric and asymmetric encryption algorithm and thus the encrypted files cannot be accessed unless you have the decryption key.
How to Recover the Locked Files?
There are some trick and ways other than buying the decryption key. However, before beginning the recovery process, it is very important to scan the work-station with a powerful anti-malware tool so that all the payloads and related items of .recme File Extension get removed. If you don’t remove .recme File Extension infection then it will continue other files and programs and the process will continue non-stop. Once the PC becomes free from malware, you can try to restore the encrypted files from backup. The PC Operating System also creates the “Volume Shadow Copies” of recent files so you can search that file as well. In case, if both of such options are not available then you can try using an automatic data recovery tool. The cyber-experts have not succeeded to crate the free data recovery tool till now.
How My PC Got infected with .recme File Extension?
The ransomware that encrypts the files are intruded in the targeted PC secretly. The intrusion method could be bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing network, hyperlinks and spam email campaigns. They don’t ask for any kind of permission or approval. It is important to be careful while downloading anything in the work-station. Always uses official sources and choose advance/custom installation process. Be careful while opening any kind of emails especially if it contains attachments. Upgrade the security setting by using an powerful anti-malware tool and get protection in real-time.
Remove .recme File Extension using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .recme File Extension then you were highly suggested to delete .recme File Extension by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .recme File Extension. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .recme File Extension. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .recme File Extension from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .recme File Extension using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .recme File Extension manually?
Eliminate .recme File Extension by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .recme File Extension as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .recme File Extension entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .recme File Extension.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\.recme File Extension.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .recme File Extension and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .recme File Extension infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .recme File Extension again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.