Rapid 2.0 Ransomware is another next-level version of Rapid Ransware that was released by cyber-criminals two years back. This newly addition has very similar features like its ancestor in terms of intrusion method and practices. However, one significant difference is that it this version excludes Russian locale. This time, the files extension appended on the targeted file is a eight digit number. The ransom note is a text file named as DECRYPT.[5-random-characters].txt and provide contact email ID is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In most cases, the targeted victims gets infected through modes like fake software updates, corrupted freeware/shareware downloads, fake IRS malspam, peer-to-peer file sharing networks and so on. Very unusual, it uses SHA256 encryption cipher for locking the targeted files. Its ransom note is clear which says that your files have been locked and the only method to recover the files is to buy the “Rapid Decryptor”. In order to win the trust, it asks to send of the encrypted files to free decryption as a demo.
If your work-station has got infected with Rapid 2.0 Ransomware then you will find unwanted modification in the important configuration such as registry entries, Shadow volume copies, Control Panel settings and so on. The victim is asked to communicate the associated cyber-criminal through the given email ID to negotiate the ransom amount and get the decryption key. Unlike previous version, it doesn’t targets Russian locale. As soon as it successfully attacks, it does a scanning to check the local settings. If it is Russian and then file encryption is not initiated. Until now, cyber-experts are working hard to crack this malware and hopefully they will get the success.
How to Decrypt Rapid 2.0 Ransomware and Recover Files
As per the ransom note, the only solution to recover files is to pay the ransom money and get the decryption code. However, cyber-experts have different view. According to them, there is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key after the money is paid. And most of all, the money that you pay as ransom is used to make other severe malware infections. Cyber-criminals are not going to help you and they will continue encrypting other files and programs. So, if you notice file encryption by Rapid 2.0 Ransomware in your PC then you should first try to remove its payloads and files. Scan the work-station with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
As far as the recovery of encrypted files are concerned, it is advised to use alternate recovery method such as using “Volume Shadow Copies” or “Back up files”. If these options are not available then you may also try data recovery software. However, before using any of these tricks, scan your PC with a powerful anti-malware tool and remove the infection permanently.
Remove Rapid 2.0 Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Rapid 2.0 Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Rapid 2.0 Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Rapid 2.0 Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Rapid 2.0 Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Rapid 2.0 Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Rapid 2.0 Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Rapid 2.0 Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Rapid 2.0 Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Rapid 2.0 Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Rapid 2.0 Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Rapid 2.0 Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Rapid 2.0 Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Rapid 2.0 Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Rapid 2.0 Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Rapid 2.0 Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.