Depth Analysis on PUP.optimal.ask
PUP.optimal.ask is a potentially unwanted program that can ruin the overall performance of PC. It illegally modifies the important registries and System files and thus many of the important applications starts to malfunction. It delivers unusual error messages and pop-ups that are irritating and is misguiding as well. You will be told that your PC is infected with several risky malware. This is followed by notifications that ask you to participate in certain telephonic survey or download certain security application. This is a spam because the main idea is to sell the sponsored products and services. It has nothing to do for the benefits of users. Rather, the user will get misguided and cheated.
How PUP.optimal.ask Does Gets Inside the PC:
In order intrude the files and payloads of PUP.optimal.ask successfully in the PC, the cyber-criminals use several tricks such as bundling, peer-to-peer files sharing networks, hyperlink clicks and so on. Thus it is very important to be careful while doing any kind of activities on the PC especially those is related with internet. Be careful when you download anything or click on any hyperlinks or pop-ups. Always select advance/custom installation process so that you can deselect the additional attachment. Most of the freeware and shareware has additional attachments with them and hence you should be careful from them.
Harmful and Questionable Activities of PUP.optimal.ask
- Illegally changes the important settings of PC including registry entries and System files
- Exploits the security vulnerabilities and opens backdoor for other malware
- Adds plug-ins and key-loggers that spy on users activities and leads to data theft
- Alter the browser settings and modifies the homepage, new-tab URL, search-engine-provider etc.
It is strongly recommended that you take quick steps to get rid of this malware instantly. Both manual as well as automatic process has been broadly discussed below.
Remove PUP.optimal.ask using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with PUP.optimal.ask then you were highly suggested to delete PUP.optimal.ask by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like PUP.optimal.ask. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove PUP.optimal.ask. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall PUP.optimal.ask from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete PUP.optimal.ask using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of PUP.optimal.ask manually?
Eliminate PUP.optimal.ask by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out PUP.optimal.ask as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove PUP.optimal.ask entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete PUP.optimal.ask.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent PUP.optimal.ask and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like PUP.optimal.ask infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by PUP.optimal.ask again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.