How To Recover your files and Remove Popcorn Ransomware
Popcorn Ransomware is a kind of perilous file encryption virus that has the ability to lock down the target System and encrypted their files. It has been developed by the team of remote hacker with the sole motive to makes illegal money through phishing innocent users. The main purpose of this virus is to encrypt various data and file that stored on the infected PC as well as demands huge ransom money in order to access all encrypted files. It commonly uses strong cryptographic algorithm AES and RSA to encrypt all kind of System files like as Word, Excel, power-point, images, pictures, audios, videos, games, apps and so on. It also adds own malicious extension at the end of every file to makes them inaccessible. Once encrypted all kinds of data and file, Popcorn Ransomware leaves ransom note on the computer screen in the form or html or text which contains information about encrypted files and demands huge ransom money about 500 US dollars as a bit coins within 48 hrs. It also sends warning message if you don’t pay money on time then your all data and files will delete permanently from your System.
Distribution Methods of Popcorn Ransomware:
Like other harmful infection Popcorn Ransomware distributed into your System via using several intrusive methods. Some of the most common methods are.
- Spam mails campaign.
- Downloading freeware program.
- Updating System software.
- Click on malicious and suspicious links.
- Visiting pornographic site.
- Playing online games and watching movies.
Some malicious file encrypted by Popcorn Ransomware:
.1c, .3fr, .accdb, .ai, .arw, .bac, .bay, .bmp, .cdr, .cer, .cfg, .config, .cr2, .crt, .crw, .css, .csv, .db, .dbf, .dcr, .der, .dng, .doc, .docm, .docx, .dwg, .dxf, .dxg, .eps, .erf, .gif, .htm, .html, .indd, .iso, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, mdb, .mdf, .mef, .mk, .mp3, .mp4, and so on.
How To Make Deal With Popcorn Ransomware:
According to the security expert, victim should not make any deal with Popcorn Ransomware. Because there is no any guaranteed it will get back your all files just after received ransom money. In this way you can lost your files and money as well. If you want to restore all data and file you must need to remove Popcorn Ransomware completely from System. Just after that you can easily restore all data by the back dup file or using legitimate recovery Software.
Remove Popcorn Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Popcorn Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Popcorn Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Popcorn Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Popcorn Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Popcorn Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Popcorn Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Popcorn Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Popcorn Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Popcorn Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Popcorn Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Popcorn Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Popcorn Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Popcorn Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Popcorn Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Popcorn Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.