Steps to Delete Police virus easily
Police virus is a ransomware that has been designed to lock the targeted PC and make them inaccessible. When the user boots the PC, it displays a note on the screen pretending that it has been sent by governmental institution. The computer screen gets locked and the device cannot be used further. According to the ransom note displayed on the screen, the users were involved in the distribution of illegal contents. Hence, the user have to pay ransom fee using PaySafeCard, MoneyPack or similar vouchers to make their PC accessible again. Police virus is active from past many years and its prime targets are European countries. It is capable to infect any versions of Windows OS.
Over the years, there have been many versions and types of Police virus being launched by the cyber-criminals. It has the ability to lock the device and then convince the victims to pay extortion money. The related bogus message has no connection with the Police, FBI or any governmental authorities. This is purely a scam and should not interact with such messages. You must not send them the codes of the asked vouchers because the associate cyber-criminals will not unlock the device even after receiving the vouchers. You should rather try to remove Police virus from your work-station with the easy methods mentioned later in this blog.
As per now, it is not confirmed that whether the latest version of Police virus can delete the personal data or not. Cyber-criminals always update their strategies so you never know what they do next. It makes the PC useless because of its inaccessibility. You will not see anything on your computer screen other than the ransom note. The message demanding the fee is displayed on multiple languages based on your geographical region. The message or alert looks very legitimate so that they could manipulate you easily. The ransom fee also changes from one alerts message to another. The safest and quickest way to remove Police virus is to scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool.
How does Police virus Spreads?
In most cases, phishing emails and bundling are the two most common method of malware circulation. The spam emails contains attachments that contains malware payloads and files. As soon as the email attachment is opened, the harmful codes get executed in the backdoor. Such emails usually contain grammar and spelling mistakes. So, such emails should be avoided. Stay away from porn and adult websites as they contain malicious scripts that automatically run in backdoor. Fix the security vulnerabilities and loopholes by using a powerful anti-malware tool.
Remove Police virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Police virus then you were highly suggested to delete Police virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Police virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Police virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Police virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Police virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Police virus manually?
Eliminate Police virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Police virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Police virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Police virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Police virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Police virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Police virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Police virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.