Last night, while I was working on my laptop, I noticed that many of the files and programs were inaccessible. I don’t know how this happened but this is really bothering me. I am unable to access important data including MS Office docs such as Word and Excel files. When I tried to access the locked files, it shows messages asking me to pay some ransom money. Should I pay the ransom? Is it safe? Will my data get unlocked after paying the money? Frankly, I don’t want to pay money. Kindly help me to get rid of this malware in easiest possible way.
Depth Analysis on PainLocker Ransomware
PainLocker Ransomware is a file encrypting malware and it has infected large number of Windows based PC in a very less time. It is a self-replicating infection and hence it can damage multiple computers connected in a network environment. It demands to pay heavy ransom money in exchange of the decryption key which could supposed to decrypt the files. Its encryption cipher is the combination of AES and RSA encryption algorithm hence it is very difficult to access the locked files. It adds particular suffix in the encrypted files that confirms that the file has been encrypted. It asks the victims to pay the ransom money in Bitcoin virtual money so that the actual identity of the cyber-criminals always remains hidden. It only provides an email ID which can be used to communicate with the cyber-criminals and negotiate the ransom money.
According to cyber-experts, it is never advised to pay ransom money to cyber-criminals. There is no guarantee that they provide the original decryption key once the money is paid. They cheat the users by providing the duplicate key. If you really want to get your data back then you must uninstall all the payloads and files associated with PainLocker Ransomware. Once your PC gets free from virus, you can begin the data recovery process.
The recovery of encrypted data is possible if you have the backup file or “Volume Shadow Copies”. If this is not available then you may also try data recovery tool. However, before using any of these process, make sure that your work-station is free from all kind of malware infection.
Remove PainLocker Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with PainLocker Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete PainLocker Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like PainLocker Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove PainLocker Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall PainLocker Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete PainLocker Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of PainLocker Ransomware manually?
Eliminate PainLocker Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out PainLocker Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove PainLocker Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete PainLocker Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\PainLocker Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\PainLocker Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent PainLocker Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like PainLocker Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by PainLocker Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.