Over the time, cyber-criminals have become very advance and they always generate new ways to cheat and trick the innocent victims. Oxar ransomware virus is newly addition in the data-encrypting malware that can lock various kinds of files and folders stored in the hard-disk. It uses AES cipher to encrypt the targeted files. Public encryption and personal decryption key is created so that every locked file generates separate decryption key. The AES-256 cryptography is one of the most advance encryption algorithms. As the ransom money, the cyber-criminals ask the victims to pay $100 Bitcoins within 72 hours from opening the ransom note. Every encrypted file automatically gets suffixed with OXR file extension. It has its other variant as well that appends different-different file name such as .PEDO, .ULOZ, .FDP and so on.
Oxar ransomware virus delivers unique ransom note that contains instructions regarding how money is to be paid. It can encrypt various kinds of files and programs including the personal documents, multimedia files, pictures, videos, MS Office docs, archives, text files and so on. They totally become inaccessible and shows ransom note on the screen when you try to access them. In order to manipulate the victims, it says that you were involved in some kind of illegal activities such as child pornography, using copyright contents and so on. As a result, the personal files and folders have been encrypted and you have to pay ransom money to make the encrypted data accessible again.
The cyber-experts have different point of view regarding ransom money payment. They totally oppose any kind of money transfer to cyber-criminals because there is no guarantee that they will give the original decryption key after the money is paid. They will totally ignore your queries and communication attempts once you pay the money. So, it is always recommended to use alternate tricks such using data recovery software, back up files, shadow volume copies and so on. However, before using any of these recovery processes, it is advised to remove all the payloads and files from the work-station. Otherwise the ransomware will again come back and they will continue encrypting other programs.
How Oxar ransomware virus does Attacks?
- Spam email campaign
- Peer to peer file sharing networks
- Bogus notification and security alerts bacnner
- Bundling and social engineering scams
It is very important to be careful while you browse Internet. Read the terms and agreement as well as privacy-policy very careful before you download any program or files in the work-station. Choose advance/custom installation process so that additional unwanted files could be avoided. Use a powerful anti-malware tool to ensure protection of PC in run-time.
Remove Oxar ransomware virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Oxar ransomware virus then you were highly suggested to delete Oxar ransomware virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Oxar ransomware virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Oxar ransomware virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Oxar ransomware virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Oxar ransomware virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Oxar ransomware virus manually?
Eliminate Oxar ransomware virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Oxar ransomware virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Oxar ransomware virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Oxar ransomware virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Oxar ransomware virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Oxar ransomware virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Oxar ransomware virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Oxar ransomware virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.