Mozilla Firefox Critical Error is a Bogus Security Alert
Is your Online browsing experience has been messed up by bogus security alerts such as Mozilla Firefox Critical Error? Are you not able to browse properly and it regularly shows error messages and alerts? Do the browser and the installed legitimate plug-ins doesn’t works properly? Don’t get panic even if you are facing these issues. Continue reading the blog to know details about this infection.
Mozilla Firefox Critical Error is a trick and spam message which is actually triggered by cyber-criminals. According to the notification, the PC is at risk and there is huge possibility of data theft including bank account details. This related message appears on the Firefox Mozilla and it contains a particular phone number for technical assistance. As per its claims, some cyber-criminals are trying to access the work-station and are damaging the data stored in the hard-disk. While the alert message is displayed, suddenly new pop-ups come on the screen that asks for username and password. Of course, you don’t have such password and username and thus you will be asked to get assistance from a toll-free number. The error code and phone number changes from time to time.
Due to Mozilla Firefox Critical Error attack, there will be sudden increase the number of bombarded commercial pop-ups and alerts. The actual contents of the legitimate websites automatically get altered for you. Commercial hyperlinks are added in the texts. The redirected websites are generally commercial and they contain a lot of bogus deals, coupons, alerts, price-comparisons and so on. They are unsafe and could be a source of so many additional malware.
How Mozilla Firefox Critical Error Attacks the Targeted PC:
There are multiple ways that can bring this malware in your work-station. Be careful from bundling and social engineering as they are the prime source of malware infection. Choose legitimate and official sources to download any kind of applications including freeware/shareware. Read the terms and agreement as well as EULA page very carefully. Choose advance/custom installation process that will let you deselect the additional unwanted files and programs.
To fix Mozilla Firefox Critical Error pop-ups, it is very important that all the related files and payloads are uninstalled completely. So scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong algorithm. If you have expertise then you may also try manual process as mentioned below.
Remove Mozilla Firefox Critical Error using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Mozilla Firefox Critical Error then you were highly suggested to delete Mozilla Firefox Critical Error by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Mozilla Firefox Critical Error. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Mozilla Firefox Critical Error. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Mozilla Firefox Critical Error from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Mozilla Firefox Critical Error using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Mozilla Firefox Critical Error manually?
Eliminate Mozilla Firefox Critical Error by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Mozilla Firefox Critical Error as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Mozilla Firefox Critical Error entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Mozilla Firefox Critical Error.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Mozilla Firefox Critical Error.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Mozilla Firefox Critical Error and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Mozilla Firefox Critical Error infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Mozilla Firefox Critical Error again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.