How to get rid of Mole66 Ransomware (Virus Removal)
Mole66 Ransomware is upgraded or latest version of CryptoMix file virus that has been detected by Cyber security experts in the end of March 2018. It is able to encrypt your all types of files of hard drive and drops ransom notes on your computer screen. This article will help you to understand about this file virus and its malicious infection as well get the recommended solution for its removal. Don’t be panics, please read this article.
Mole66 Ransomware is made using AES encryption algorithm technique
It is very cunning file virus that modifies your each file of System with .Mole66 extension and makes it locked. It encrypts all files including database, documents, ppt, xlx, css, html, pdf, images, audios, videos, games and other files of your hard drive and demand ransom money. It injects malicious codes in your computer which corrupts your all legitimate exe files of your computer and displays an error message on screen while you try to open such files again. You can’t understand that what to do at this situation. It installs BC2D64A077.exe or other related files on your machine without your intervention that uses your System resources illegally and cheat your crucial and confidential data.
Mole66 Ransomware drops the copies of itself in each folder of your hard drive that can make very complex task to delete this virus from your computer. It disables your antimalware, Firewall, control panel, registry setting and other legitimate application of your computer. Once it locked your PCs, it will ask you to pay ransom money in the form of bitcoin. You may see the message like “Hi, your all files has been locked due to security reasons. You need to pay XXX amount of ransom money to decrypt your System. Otherwise, you will lose your all files permanently.” on your computer. It claims to decrypt your all files immediately, once you paid extortion money to them. It is bogus at all. They will never decrypt your files at any situations. In order to pay money to them, it keeps record of your keystroke and gathers your personal information. If you have created backup of your files, then it is good for. It is important to delete this ransomware from your PCs quickly.
How your System gets infected from Mole66 Ransomware?
- Infected external media drives: It is mostly get enters into your PCs via infected CD, DVD, USB drives, SD cards and other.
- Downloaded media: If you are downloaded movie, music, games, pdf, ppt and other files from internet, then you might get lots of malware in your PCs.
- Freeware or shareware: It can get install on your machine as bundles of free software packages.
- Porn or adult related videos: If you are watching porn videos regular, then be careful. You can get numerous adware and other malware in your PCs from these sites.
- Malicious ads or popup: It can come from misleading ads or popup messages which are displayed on your browser at any time.
Remove Mole66 Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Mole66 Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Mole66 Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Mole66 Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Mole66 Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Mole66 Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Mole66 Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Mole66 Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Mole66 Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Mole66 Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Mole66 Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Mole66 Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Mole66 Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Mole66 Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Mole66 Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Mole66 Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.