Many Windows PC users are complaining that their important files stored in the PC hard-disk got encrypted by Matrix-GMPF Ransomware. Some of the victims don’t even know why they are unable to access their personal files. This article will provide help to all those victims who are facing problems in removing Matrix-GMPF Ransomware and are unable to access their important data.
About Matrix-GMPF Ransomware (Depth Analysis)
As mentioned briefly above, this ransomware encrypts the files and the purpose is to make quick money. As the name suggest, it belongs to “Matrix Ransomware” family which is considered as one of most dangerous ransomware family of recent times. It does major System modifactions and make you unable to access the important files. Evern encrypted files changes its extension name with a suffix of “.gmpf”. Apart from encryption, it also has the capability to file corruption.
In order to achieve its aim, Matrix-GMPF Ransomware modifies some of the major System settings, processes, components and so on. It gets instruction from its command and control sever that it connects secretly. After successfully getting installed, it does some basic predefined tasks. The next step is to attack the targeted files. The PC starts to behave abnormally.
While doing any tasks or accessing any files, the associated ransom note is displayed on the screen. This is a small information about the malware and random money, email ID etc. are mentioned. Basically, it forces the victims to pay the demanded random money. It gives an impression that paying the ransom money is the only solution. In order to win users trust, It give offer to decrypt two files for free. All these are strategy to convince you for payment.
It demands to make the payment in Bitcoin virtual currency to hide their real identity. So, most cases, the cyber-criminals don’t provide the original decryption key even after receiving payment. They break all the communication ways with the victims. So, paying the ransom money is not worthy as you will lose your time as well as money.
How to Recover Encrypted Files?
If you are lucky or rather careful to create backup of your important files in the past then it is a big problem to get access of the encrypted files. Use the backup and gets your files back. However, if that is not the case then you have to rely on “Shadow Volume Copies” or date recovery software.
However, before using any of the data recovery process, you will have to remove Matrix-GMPF Ransomware from the PC. First of all, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool to delete this threat. Next, you can begin the data recovery process.
How Matrix-GMPF Ransomware Gets Inside the PC:
The files and scripts associated with this malware get distributed through multiple ways. Bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing, spam email attachments, etc. are few of the common distribution methods. So, you have to be very careful while you are browsing and especially you any activities have been mentioned before. Use a powerful anti-malware tool to get complete protection in real time.
Remove Matrix-GMPF Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Matrix-GMPF Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Matrix-GMPF Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Matrix-GMPF Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Matrix-GMPF Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Matrix-GMPF Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Matrix-GMPF Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Matrix-GMPF Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Matrix-GMPF Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Matrix-GMPF Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Matrix-GMPF Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Matrix-GMPF Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Matrix-GMPF Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Matrix-GMPF Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Matrix-GMPF Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Matrix-GMPF Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.