If your PC gets infected with Magician ransomware then all its targeted files will become inaccessible. Actually, it is a file encrypting malware that locks the targeted files using a powerful AES and RSA cipher encryption algorithm. Magician ransomware is a also termed ad Magician RSWare and it is based on the EDA2 open-source project. It will encrypt your data and files and will demands to pay some ransom money in order to get the decryption key. It stores ransom note file that contains all the details regarding payment instruction. Magician ransomware will alter the registries and System files in order to gain persistence and auto-launch as soon as the PC is booted.
The Ransom note Says:
“Now, Here are the steps to getting your data back!
1.Send 0.033 Bitcoin to the following bitcoin address:
- Once you have sent the payment send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: This Code: WIN30I and your bitcoin address
- Have your files unlocked within the same hour!
If you should have any trouble making payment please send us an email to email@example.com any begging to unlock files without payment willbe ignored.
A SERIOUS WARNING” ALL FILES WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY LOST FOREVER IF PAYMENT IS NOT MADE WITHIN 24 HOURS”
How to buy Bitcoin if you never have before!
- Create a bitcoin wallet with any provider (free) – blockchain.info is the best one
- Buy bitcoin from any exchange or from bitcoin.com.au if you are in Australia. – once the bitcoin is sent to your wallet, you will be able to send it to the address provided.
Here are some helpful links for buying bitcoin or just google it!
http://fortune.com/2018/01/03/bitcoin-buy-how-to-cryptocurrency/ ——— https://bitcoin.com.au/
The FBI says to just pay the ransom! Google It!
I use sanitization to prevent XSS attacks to servers
I reset the dates to 1st January 1999 of all the files
I use RSA 4096 and AES 256 (okay, doesn‘t matter but still
I also cause much more crypting (encrypting D:, E: and F:)
As you can see in the ransom note, it asks to pay 0.033 Bitcoin to provide the decryption key and for file restoration. The cyber-experts strongly oppose paying any ransom money under any circumstances. There is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key after the payment is done. The cyber-criminals will totally ignore after receiving the payment. They use AES 256 –bit and RSA 4096-bit encryption process that makes the files inaccessible. So, first of all, you should scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool so that this malware could not encrypt any other programs or files any further. Once the PC gets free from malware, you should try to access the backup files or “Volume Shadow Copies”. If this is not available then you may also try data recovery software to recover your encrypted files.
How Magician ransomware Circulates/Distributes?
- Through Bundlers and Social Engineering Scams
- Through peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as torrents
- Through spam email attachment campaigns
- Through bogus hyperlinks and notifications
Remove Magician ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Magician ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Magician ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Magician ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Magician ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Magician ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Magician ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Magician ransomware manually?
Eliminate Magician ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Magician ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Magician ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Magician ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Magician ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\Magician ransomware.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Magician ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Magician ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Magician ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.