Lucky ransomware is a file encrypting malware that locks the targeted files and programs and makes it totally inaccessible. It uses asymmetric cryptograpyhy for file encryption and is capable to lock various types of files. The encrypted file name gets changed to “.[user_id]_lucky” extension. Whenever user tries to access the locked files, a ransom note appears on the screen. This ransom note is basically a text file that is stored on the desktop.
The ransom text file contains the basic encryption about file encryption and informs the victims about file encryption. It claims that the locked files could only access by using private key. According to the information, public encryption and private decryption are used. This original decryption key is stored in the remote server that is owned by cyber-criminals. They attempt to blackmail the victims to pay the ransom money within a particular time frame otherwise their data will get deleted permanently. It doesn’t mentioned the ransom amount and rather provide an email Id to make negotiation. The ransom amount generally ranges from $500 to $1000.
From computer experts, it is strongly opposed to pay any money to cyber-criminals as ransom. There is a spam and you will ultimately get misguided and cheated. The cyber-criminals don’t provide the original decryption key even after receiving the money. Your money and time will simply go in waste.
How to Recover Encrypted Files:
As mentioned earlier, paying ransom money is simply waste of time and money. If you have previously created backup of your important files then user it. Otherwise, look for the “Volume Shadow Copies” in the PC. If the Shadow files have also been encrypted then you will have to rely on data recovery software. However, before using any of these data recovery methods, you have to first clean your PC from Lucky ransomware infection. So, first of all, scan your PC with a powerful anti-malware tool and get rid of the infection.
How Lucky ransomware Gets inside the PC:
There are several ways that are used by cyber-criminals to circulate malware. Some of them are bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments, freeware and shareware downloads etc. So, be careful while doing any activities in your PC both related to Online as well as Offline.
Remove Lucky ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Lucky ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Lucky ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Lucky ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Lucky ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Lucky ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Lucky ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Lucky ransomware manually?
Eliminate Lucky ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Lucky ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Lucky ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Lucky ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Lucky ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Lucky ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Lucky ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Lucky ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.