Are your personal files being locked by Locdoor ransomware? Are you unable to access your personal data and does it shows ransom note when you try to access them? The article will provide the depth details of this malware and will also provide multiple solutions to fix the issue.
In first glance, Locdoor ransomware is a data-encrypting malware that asks the victims to pay certain money as ransom to get decryption key. In some cases, it also locks the computer screen and blocks the access of files stored on the desktop. This malware is also known as DryCry ransomware. In order to achieve its persistence, it alters the Windows registries. This virus gets launched as soon as the PC is booted. Once the encryption process gets completed, the ransom messages are displayed on the screen regularly. Its ransom note is named as Notice_readme_English.txt. It asks certain amount of money as ransom and its amount changes time to time. It basically targets to encrypts the files that are used on regular basis. It is not known about the type of encryption cipher uses by this ransomware. It also tries to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” so that every other way to recover the encrypted files is closed.
As mentioned in the ransom note, it demands to pay ransom money. However, cyber-experts never suggest paying ransom money. There is no guarantee that cyber-criminals will provide the original decryption key after receiving the payment. You are dealing with cyber-criminals and you can never trust them. So, instead of paying the ransom money, it is suggested to scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
How Locdoor ransomware does Gets inside the PC:
- By bundling its files with freeware and shareware. The bundlers or installers never reveals about the additional suspicious attachments
- Peer to peer files sharing networks including torrents
- Spam email attachments which is operated by cyber-criminals in the name of reputed companies or organization
- Clicking on ransom links and pop-ups that may contains malicious scripts hidden with them
- Not using a proper anti-malware tool or genuine firewall security settings
Remove Locdoor ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Locdoor ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Locdoor ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Locdoor ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Locdoor ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Locdoor ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Locdoor ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Locdoor ransomware manually?
Eliminate Locdoor ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Locdoor ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Locdoor ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Locdoor ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Locdoor ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Locdoor ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Locdoor ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Locdoor ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.