Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware is a data-encrypting malware. It illegally access the infected PC and will do a depth scan of System hard-disk in search of the files and programs that it can encrypt. There are wide list of files that it can encrypt. They could be your multimedia files such as images, videos, audios or important files related to MS Office, PDF and so on. The early symptoms that the file has been locked are that its extension will get replaced with an unusual prefix. Whenever you try to access the locked files, an error message appears on the screen. This error message is basically a ransom note that asks the victims to pay ransom money to get the decryption key. As per the claims, the victim cannot access the files without the original decryption key. The cyber-criminals behind Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware try to hide their identity because they ask to pay the money in Bitcoin virtual currency.
If there are security loopholes or any kind of vulnerabilities in your PC security settings then the malware like Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware could easily attack your PC. The cyber-criminals circulate the malware payloads and scripts through multiple ways. The most common of them are bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments hyperlinks and so on. The novice users are carefree and they don’t bother that the program they are downloading in the PC are safe or not. They often choose basic/default installation method and thus end up downloading malware infections. As the basic rule, it is important to select advance/custom installation steps and don’t let preselect program to download in the PC.
What to Do When Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware Attacks the PC:
I am sure most of the victims will first try to recover the encrypted files. They may get panic and think of paying the ransom money. If you are also thinking the same way then you must hold on. Think first. Do you think that cyber-criminals are loyal that they will provide you the original data recovery key after receiving the money? Definitely no. One the money is received, they will totally ignore you. All the communication links and channels will not function. So, basically you will lose your money as well as data.
When you are sure that Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware has already attacked your PC then you should immediately try to remove its related payloads and files. As long as it is there in the PC, It will continue encrypting and damaging other files and programs. So, first of all, scan your PC with as powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
Once the malware is removed, you can try to access the locked files through backup files, Shadow Volume Copies or using some data recovery software. It is always a good habit to make a regular backup of your important data on external storage devices.
Remove Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Linux.Encoder.1 Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.