How to get rid of L0cked Ransomware (Complete Removal Steps)
L0cked Ransomware has identified by security experts in the end of March 2018. It is belongs to ranomware family. It tries to lock your System and demand ransom money. It is mostly get install in your PCs from file attachments and spam messages. This article can help you to remove this file virus from your System. You should read the information given below and follow the steps to get rid of it.
Major harmful impact of L0cked Ransomware
It is very notorious file virus that is able to encrypt your all types of files like images, audios, videos, games, ppt, xlx, css, html, text, documents and other files of your System and drops ransom notes on your computer screen. It changes your desktop wallpaper with ransom images. It modifies each file with .lckd extension and makes it locked. It is generally ask you to pay $150 extortion money in the form of Bitcoins. It spreads the copies of itself in each folder of your hard drives that makes very complex situation in your computer.
L0cked Ransomware is made using AES-256 and RSA-2048 encryption techniques to lock your System. You may see the message like “Hi, your all files has been locked due to security reasons. You need to pay $150 ransom money for decryption key. Otherwise, you will lose all files permanently.” This message can make big fears in your mind. There is a chance to money paid by you to them. You should never trust on them. They will never decrypt your files at any cases. In order to pay money to them, it keeps record of your keystrokes and collects information. They can share your all personal data to illegal ones that can very dangerous for you. If you have created backup of your System, then it is good for you. It is important to uninstall this malware program from your PCs immediately.
How L0cked Ransomware gets install in your computer?
- Infected external drives: It can come from infected external media drives like CD, DVD, Flash drives, SD cards and other.
- Social media: It can come via social media like Facebook, Instagram and other.
- Email spam and attachments: It is mostly get enters into your PCs via email spam messages or unsolicited mail and attachments.
- Freeware or shareware: It can come through bundle of free software which you are downloaded from internet.
- Malicious ads or popup: This nasty virus can come from malicious ads or popup which are displayed on your browser at any times. You should avoid it.
Remove L0cked Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with L0cked Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete L0cked Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like L0cked Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove L0cked Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall L0cked Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete L0cked Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of L0cked Ransomware manually?
Eliminate L0cked Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out L0cked Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove L0cked Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete L0cked Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\L0cked Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent L0cked Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like L0cked Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by L0cked Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.