How to Uninstall Indrik Ransomware Permanently
Indrik Ransomware is continuously creating chaos in many Windows based PC and users are regularly complaining about its perilous activities in various Online forums. This blog will provide the depth analysis on Indrik Ransomware and provide all the possible solution to remove it from the PC as well as to recover the encrypted files. Read the blog carefully till the end to get complete solution.
Indrik Ransomware is a file encrypting malware and its main aim is to damage and encrypt the targeted files and asks the victims to pay ransom for getting the decryption key. It drops a ransom note asking to pay the ransom amount within the given time otherwise the data will get corrupted or damaged permanently.
Detailed Analysis on Indrik Ransomware
This malware doesn’t belongs any popular ransomware family and probably it has been developed by group of new underground cyber-criminals. After settling down, it starts to harvest the sensitive information of the PC as well as users. It look up for information like computer OS, hardware components, users settings, Operating System condition etc. With the help of all these information, the cyber-criminals develop a unique infection ID.
On the other hand, it also harvest personal information of victims such as their real name, username, IP address, credit and debit card information and so on. Possibly, Indrik Ransomware can interact with installed software and collect information uses by them.
The collected information is used to bypass the PC security and detection. Now, Indrik Ransomware has full control over the PC. It begins a depth scanning of PC hard-disk and analyses all the files that are stored. The personal files such as MS Office docs, music and movie files, PDF files etc. immediately get encrypted. The important registries are modified and this causes performance issues. The important applications get terminated and show error messages when used. If Indrik Ransomware remained in the PC for long time, it also removes System Restore Points, Shadow Volume Copies as well as backup stored in h the hard-disk. So, if you don’t have backup the encrypted files in some external storage, the data will get loss permanently.
Indrik Ransomware adds .Indrik extension in every file that it stores. Its ransom note is named as # HOW TO DECRYPT YOUR FILES # .html. The Ransom note says:
What Happened to My Files?
All your files have been encrypted using military grade encryption algorithm.
Any attempt to decrypt or recovery your files else than use will cause permanent damage to your files. This means you will lose them forever.
The only way you can decrypt your files is purchase your unique decryption tool from us.
“YOU HAVE ONLY 7 DAYS FOR PURCHASE YOUR DCRYPTION TOOL BEFORE DESTROY ALL YOUR FILES”
It is not advised to use third party tools to decrypt, If we find them you, will forever lose your files.
It is never advised to pay ransom money to cyber-criminals. Even if you pay the ransom amount, you will not receive the original decryption key. So, first of all scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool and remove all the scripts, payloads and related items of Indrik Ransomware. Once the PC gets free from malware, you can use the backup files that you have stored in external storage. On other hand, if backup files are not available then you can use a third-party data recovery tool. Remember that before you use any data recovery method, it is important that you PC is free from malware.
Remove Indrik Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Indrik Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete Indrik Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Indrik Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Indrik Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Indrik Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Indrik Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Indrik Ransomware manually?
Eliminate Indrik Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Indrik Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Indrik Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Indrik Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ Indrik Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Indrik Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Indrik Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Indrik Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.