HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 is a highly devastating and perilous malware infection that badly ruins the overall PC performance and compromises with the data security. It comes in the marked PC secretly using tricks like bundling and socially engineering. It spread its related payloads and files in multiple locations hence it is not easy to uninstall it quickly. It is self-replicating and is not a stand-alone infection. This means that it brings so many additional attachments with it in the backdoor. It has all the capabilities and tricks to exploit the security vulnerabilities and expose the security loopholes publically. Due to HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 attack, there will be a major modification and mess up in the important registries and System files.
The intrusion or distribution of HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 can take place in multiple ways. Some of the popular distribution methods are spam email attachments, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, freeware and shareware downloads, harmful link clicks and so on. Most of the intrusion methods are directly related to Internet hence you have to be very careful while Online browsing. Don’t carelessly click on every hyperlinks and pop-ups. Avoid interacting with any attractive Online survey that claims to give prizes and freeware on completing the survey. They will manipulate you to reveal your highly sensitive information such as username, IP address, and bank account details etc. This may lead to a huge financial loss.
Remove HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 then you were highly suggested to delete HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 manually?
Eliminate HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen2 again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.