HacknutCrypt Ransomware is a file encrypting malware that has been crafted by cyber-criminals. Its purpose is to encrypt the files and programs and make it inaccessible. The owner of the infected computer is asked to pay certain money as ransom in order to get the decryption key. This ransom money could be as high as $1000. The victims are pressurized to make the payment within particular amount of time otherwise it threats to delete the data permanently. The group of cyber-criminals behind HacknutCrypt Ransomware is very cunning and they try to get maximum benefits from the victims.
How HacknutCrypt Ransomware Works?
As soon as the data-encrypting malware successfully gets inside the PC, it starts a depth scanning of System hard-disk. With this scanning, it searches for the files and folders that it can encrypt. They primarily targets most used files, multimedia files, MS Office docs, PDF files and so on. Every file that gets locked by HacknutCrypt Ransomware becomes unusable. Their extension gets replace with .HacknutCrypt and its shows ransom note on the screen when you try accessing them.
HacknutCrypt Ransomware tries to erase all the “Shadow Volume Copies” from the Windows OS with the help of automatically executed command: →vssadmin.exe delete shadows /all /Quiet. This makes the data encryption more efficient because one of the prominent ways to recover data is not available any more.
HacknutCrypt Ransomware makes several unwanted modifications in the PC settings and makes entries in the Windows Registry in order to gain persistence. It launches its process in Windows environment and get active immediately.
How to Recover Data back?
As per the cyber-criminals, the recovery of encrypted files is only possible through ransom payment. Just pay the ransom money and get the decryption key. However, things are not this much simple. The cyber-criminals could spam you by not providing the original decryption key even after the money is paid. This has happened many times in the past and could happen with you. The money that you pay as ransom will be used for developing so many other severe and perilous malware. It is advised that you should not pay ransom. Try to access the backup files if available. You can also try using data recovery software to get the encrypted files back. As long as HacknutCrypt Ransomware is there in the PC, the data recovery process will not be possible. Again, other files and programs will also get affected. So, it recommended that remove HacknutCrypt Ransomware from the PC using a powerful anti-malware tool and then begin the data recovery process.
How HacknutCrypt Ransomware Gets Inside the PC:
The intrusion of this kind of malware in the PC could be executed in multiple ways. Some of the popular ways are bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments etc. So, be careful from all these suspicious activities.
Remove HacknutCrypt Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with HacknutCrypt Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete HacknutCrypt Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like HacknutCrypt Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove HacknutCrypt Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall HacknutCrypt Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete HacknutCrypt Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of HacknutCrypt Ransomware manually?
Eliminate HacknutCrypt Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out HacknutCrypt Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove HacknutCrypt Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete HacknutCrypt Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ HacknutCrypt Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent HacknutCrypt Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like HacknutCrypt Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by HacknutCrypt Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.