How to uninstall Greatzip.com (Complete Solution)
Have you ever seen Greatzip.com on the query box of your browser? It is responsible for malicious harmful infection in your computer. It is comes under potentially unwanted program (PUP) that interrupts you too much by spreads lots of advertisements or popup messages on your browser. It is promoting third parties websites or software on your browser to generate some online revenue. In this article, you will read the complete information about Greatzip.com as well as get some recommended solution for its removal.
How does your computer infected from Greatzip.com?
- Freeware software program: This nasty virus can install in your PCs accidently as bundles of freeware or shareware program which you are downloaded from internet.
- Fake software updated or crack software: If you are using pirated/crack software in your computer and updates fake software, then you might get lots of adware or junk files in your PCs.
- Malicious ads or popup: This nasty virus can get enters into your machine from malicious ads or popup.
- Infected external media drives: It can come via infected CD, DVD, USB drives, SD cards and other external dries.
- Porn or torrent websites: If you watching porn or adult related videos regular, then you can get malware program in your computer.
Greatzip.com is detected as adware by security experts
If your browser is redirects on Greatzip.com websites domain that means you have installed an adware program in your computer. It uses malicious tricks to get enters into your PCs and leads major harmful damage. Once it installed, you will suffer lots. It can easily alter your all version of Windows OS including Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 based computer without knowledge. Initially, it disables your some genuine application running in your System like antivirus, Firewall, control panel, System registry editor and other that causes serious troubles. It can be very risky for your online privacy & safety. It can enter into your PCs and open the backdoor of your computer that causes malicious hacker can attacks your PCs continuously in its own ways.
Greatzip.com is suspicious website domain that spreads malicious harmful program in each location of your hard drive. It affects your online experience more. It hijacks your main browser including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari and other browsers. You may see the message like “Read Greatzip.com”, “Transfer data from Greatzip.com” on the status bar of your browser that proves that adware program has been installed in your computer. It modifies your browser shortcuts on desktop and pin to taskbar as well. It infects your boot sector program that causes automatic execution of this malware program in your computer without your intervention. Its main aim is to collect your sensitive information like geographical location, IP address, user name, password, visited websites, search queries, bank account details, credit card number and more information as well. It can share your all personal data to hacker or third parties that causes serious problems. You should protect your System against this type malware. You should choose always recommended custom/advance setting for the installation of free software in your System. it is possible to get rid of Greatzip.com with our easy removal solution.
Remove Greatzip.com using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Greatzip.com then you were highly suggested to delete Greatzip.com by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Greatzip.com. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Greatzip.com. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Greatzip.com from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Greatzip.com using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Greatzip.com manually?
Eliminate Greatzip.com by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Greatzip.com as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Greatzip.com entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Greatzip.com.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Greatzip.com and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Greatzip.com infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Greatzip.com again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.