GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware is the new added version of Gandcrab ransomwarwe family. Like its previous version, it is spreading very rapidly via spam emails, unsafe RDPs, security exploitations and so on. Once it settles down, it starts encrypting the targeted file and changes its extension with a ransom six digit characters. A ransom note which is a message box is replaced as the desktop wallpaper. It asks the victims to pay certain money as ransom. The researches show that GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware uses Salsa20 and RSA-2048 for the encryption process. Its ransom note could be a text or html file namely [random_extension]-Decrypt.txt or [random_extension]-Decrypt.html. This ransom note contains details on how to pay the ransom money in order to recover the locked files such as multimedia files, MS Office docs and so on.
The latest version, GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware demands a very amount for providing the decryption key. It demands to pay the money in Bitcoin or Dash crypto-currency. As per assumption, it is using Adobe Flash Player (CVE-2018-4878) and Windows VBScript (CVE-2018-8174) to distribute its scripts and payloads. So, you should regularly update your Adobe flash player to the latest version.
GandCrab is used as Ransomware as a service. This malware code is regularly updated and its updated version is regularly launched. As per the ransom note, users are asked to download a TOR browser. In this way, the cyber-criminals remain anonymous. The cyber-criminals promise to provide the decryptor after they receive the money. However, it is totally discouraged to make payment or make any kind of communication with the cyber-criminals. In most cases, the cyber-criminals don’t provide the original decryption key ever after receiving the money. Your time and money will go in waste. So, first of all, remove GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware from your PC using a powerful anti-malware tool.
How GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware Gets Distributed:
Spam and phishing emails are the major source of ransomware circulation. Casually opening email attachments sent by unknown third-party is very risky. The cyber-criminals use bots that spreads so many messages that are bogus and contains malware scripts with them. Such emails are presented as if they are sent by some reputed organization or company to deliver your receipt, tax details etc. You could avoid such emails if they look suspicious. Only open the attachments after scanning it with a powerful anti-malware tool.
Be careful from some other distribution tricks such as fake software updates, backdoors, and exploit kits, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, unsafe pop-ups and links and so on. It is advice to upgrade the security firewall settings and use a powerful anti-malware tool for complete protection.
Remove GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware manually?
Eliminate GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by GandCrab 5.0.9 Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.