Steps to delete .G8xB File Virus permanently
.G8xB File Virus is the version of PrincessLocker ransomware that had attacked various Windows based PC in the past. This updated version has encrypts the files with more powerful cipher and demands for higher ransom money to get the decryption key. Ransomware are those PC maloware that encrypts the targeted files stored in the hard-disk and makes them inaccessible. When users try to access it, an error messages is displayed on the screen which is actually a ransom note. This message basically tries to convince the victims to pay ransom money for getting the decryption key. As per the ransom note, paying money as ransom is the only solution to get the data back. \
More about .G8xB File Virus
.G8xB File Virus uses a very powerful encryption algorithm and it is true that you cannot access the locked files unless you have the decryption key. So, should you pay money to cyber-criminals to get the decryption key? Definitely not. This is never recommended because there is no guarenttee that you will get the original decryption key after paying money to the cyber-criminals. They will ignore you after receiving the payment. On .G8xB File Virus infection, several important registries and System files are also ruined. It can encrypt all kinds of files such as videos, audios, Ms Office docs, and important applications and so on. Their extensions get changed.
If you want to recover the encrypted files then first of all, you should check the backup files or the temporary backup created by OS that is also known as “Volume Shadow Copies. In case, if it is not available then you can try using data recovery tool. However, before beginning any data recovery attempt, remove .G8xB File Virus from PC by scanning the work-station with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm.
Remove .G8xB File Virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .G8xB File Virus then you were highly suggested to delete .G8xB File Virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .G8xB File Virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .G8xB File Virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .G8xB File Virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .G8xB File Virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .G8xB File Virus manually?
Eliminate .G8xB File Virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .G8xB File Virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .G8xB File Virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .G8xB File Virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ .G8xB File Virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .G8xB File Virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .G8xB File Virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .G8xB File Virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.