As the name suggest, .FASTBOB File Virus is a data encrypting malware of special category that is called ransomware. On infection, the personal files get locked and become inaccessible. .FASTBOB extension is added in the files that get locked. It uses AES-128 bit as well as RSA-2048 bit military grade encryption cipher. According to researches, this malware is a version of Matrix ransomware which is still hurting many users till now. Like any other ransomware, .FASTBOB File Virus also demands to pay certain money as ransom in order to get the decryption key. So, in this article, all the technical details will be provided along with some ways to recover the locked files.
Technical Analysis of .FASTBOB File Virus
Once the files get encrypted, it shows ransom note on access. They demand you to pay ransom money for alleged restoration of the files. This crypto-virus works same like Matrix ransomware. In order to begin its process and malicious activities on System boot up, it modifies the important Windows registries. These entries and scripts are designed cunningly and they allow launching the malware automatically when the Windows Operating System is booted. Its ransom note is stored in the file named as #_#FASTBOB_README#_#.rtf and this file is stored in every folder that contains the encrypted files. It provides three different emails IDs namely email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to make communication with the cyber-criminals. It asks to pay the ransom within 7 days’ time otherwise the files will get damaged permanently. It threatens the victims to not use any other ways for data recovery because this will cause permanent damage.
It is strongly advised to not pay any money as ransom. This will encourage them to make more such severe malware infection in future. And most of all, there is no guarantee that you will get you data back once the money is paid. They often send duplicate key. So, it is better to focus on removing .FASTBOB File Virus so that other files don’t gets damaged or encrypted. If you really want to recover the encrypted files then it is recommended to use alternate tricks such as using “Shadow Volume Copies” or backup file or even data recovery software. It is advised to san the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
How .FASTBOB File Virus gets Inside the PC:
- The world-wide –web is the prime source of downloading malware scripts
- Through social media and file sharing services
- Through spam email campaigns where duplicate emails are send by using name of some reputed companies and organization in the subject
- Through unsafe freeware and shareware
Remove .FASTBOB File Virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .FASTBOB File Virus then you were highly suggested to delete .FASTBOB File Virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .FASTBOB File Virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .FASTBOB File Virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .FASTBOB File Virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .FASTBOB File Virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .FASTBOB File Virus manually?
Eliminate .FASTBOB File Virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .FASTBOB File Virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .FASTBOB File Virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .FASTBOB File Virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ .FASTBOB File Virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .FASTBOB File Virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .FASTBOB File Virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .FASTBOB File Virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.