email@example.com Ransomware is the updated version of Everbe 2.0 data-encrypting malware that was detected earlier this month. Many of the victims of firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware got infected through spam emails containing macro-enabled documents. The technical analysis shows that this malware deletes the original files from the hard-disk and stores a copied version. This means that if you don’t have the backup copy of the files then you are definitely in trouble. It also deletes “Volume Shadow Copies” so that user doesn’t use it for file recovery.
The files encrypted with email@example.com Ransomware changes its extension name to .[firstname.lastname@example.org].EVEREST. It also leaves two ransom notes in the encrypted files folders. The ransom note is named as EVEREST LOCKER.txt and ‘新建文本文档.txt.
Ransom Note Says:
‘>>> EVEREST LOCKER <<< HELLO, DEAR FRIEND! 1. [ ALL YOUR FILES HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED! ] Your files are NOT damaged! Your files are modified only. This modification is reversible. The only 1 way to decrypt your files is to receive the decryption program. 2. [ HOW TO RECOVERY FILES? ] To receive the decryption program write to email: email@example.com And in subject write your ID: ID-8272588be0 We send you full instruction how to decrypt all your files. If you don’t get a reply, then contact us using xmpp: firstname.lastname@example.org 3. [ FREE DECRYPTION! ] Free decryption as guarantee. We guarantee the receipt of the decryption program after payment. To believe, you can give us up to 3 files that we decrypt for free. Files should not be important to you! (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.) >>> EVEREST LOCKER <<<‘
As mentioned in the ransom note, the associated cyber-criminals try to convince you to pay the ransom money as early as possible. They are also ready to decrypt few files for free so that could manipulate the innocent victims. There is always a huge chance that they will note provided the original decryption key even after receiving the money. The worst part is that email@example.com Ransomware will continue encrypting and damaging other files and programs. The targeted files are generally the most used files such as multimedia, MS Office docs, PDF files and so on. There is a big list of file extension that this malware can encrypt.
Once the payloads of firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware gets installed in the PC, it immediately begins a quick scan of PC hard-disk. This ways, it tracks all the files and programs that it can encrypt. The encryption is executed in the background and next time, when you boot the PC, you will notice that several important files have been encrypted. It uses the combination of asymmetrical and symmetric file encryption cipher hence it is not possible to access the files without decryption key.
What to do for File Recovery?
Paying the ransom money is an option but it is not recommended. There is a huge change of getting cheated. The alternate way is to use backup. I know that many users doesn’t have it then you can try using data recovery software. It is important to remove all the files associated to email@example.com Ransomware before using the recovery process. First of all, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
Remove firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with email@example.com Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like email@example.com Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall email@example.com Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of email@example.com Ransomware manually?
Eliminate firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out email@example.com Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete email@example.com Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent email@example.com Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like firstname.lastname@example.org Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by email@example.com Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.