Depth Analysis on DiskDoctor Ransomware
DiskDoctor Ransomware is a file-encrypting malware that belongs from the popular “Scarab” malware family. Its aim is to lock the targeted files and make it totally inaccessible. Its intrusion is very silent and all its malicious activities are executed in the backdoor. The file that gets locked appends an extension name such as “.diskdoctor”. Now, this file is totally inaccessible and when you try to access them, it shows ransom note screen on the screen asking you to pay certain amount of money as ransom. This ransom note of DiskDoctor Ransomware is a text file named as “HOW TO RECOVER ENCRYPTED FILES.TXT” and it is stored on every folder that contains the encrypted files.
What Does Ransom Note Says?
The ransom note basically contains a message providing information that the file has been encrypted. It asks the victims to communicate with the associated cyber-criminals through the provided email address. The cyber-experts are still researching on which cryptography algorithm is used by DiskDoctor Ransomware. For every victim, separate unique decryption key is required. This exclusive key is stored in the remote server belonging to the cyber-criminals and they demand to pay certain ransom money in exchange of the key. The cost of ransom is not disclosed in the ransom note and hence user has to communicate with the cyber-criminals through the provided email ID in order to know the ransom amount. In usually demands the victims to pay $500 to $1500 in Bitcoin virtual currency. Cyber-experts never recommend paying this ransom money because there is no guarantee that you will receive the original decryption key once the money is paid. The victims are usually scammed because the cyber-criminals totally ignore then once they receive the ransom money.
How to Recover Encrypted files?
The size of DiskDoctor Ransomware is small and its encryption cipher is unknown till now. Technically, it is not possible to recover the locked files without the involvement of its developer. It is almost impossible to access them unless you have the decryption key. On other case, it is important that you have the necessary backup files especially stored in the remote server or in a separate storage device. The other method is using “Volume Shadow Copies” which the ransomware usually doesn’t encrypt. If that is also not available then you can try using some data recovery software. However, before using any of these data recovery method, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool so that all the payloads and files related to DiskDoctor Ransomware is removed and it cannot encrypt other files and programs.
How DiskDoctor Ransomware Does Travels?
The ransom infiltrates in the targeted PC secretly using tricky methods such as bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments, perilous hyperlinks and so on. So, be careful regareding any activities you do over Internet. Don’t download arbitrary programs and don’t click on random links.
Remove DiskDoctor Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with DiskDoctor Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete DiskDoctor Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like DiskDoctor Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove DiskDoctor Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall DiskDoctor Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete DiskDoctor Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of DiskDoctor Ransomware manually?
Eliminate DiskDoctor Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out DiskDoctor Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove DiskDoctor Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete DiskDoctor Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\DiskDoctor Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent DiskDoctor Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like DiskDoctor Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by DiskDoctor Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.