DataWait Ransomware is a file encrypting malware and is considered as one of the most risky and devastating malware infection. Every file that gets encrypted changes its file name by adding “DataWait” in the extension. It also stores a ransom note in the text file named as “!readme.txt” that basically demands the victims to pay the ransom money.
According to the ransom note, all the personal files of users such as their photos, videos, documents, etc. are locked and they could not be accessed without a decryption key. The unique decryption key is stored in the remote server of cyber-criminals. The victims are asked to contact the developer using BM-2cXonzj9ovn5qdX2MrwMK4j3qCquXBKo4h@bitmessage.ch email address and provide a unique ID. This id is used to identify the particular victim. In order to win the victims trust, it offers to decrypt 1-3 files for free. As per the claims, the victims who make the payment within 72 hours of receiving the mail will get a 50% discount. All these favors and offers are provided in order to misguide and cheat the victims.
It is never recommended to pay the ransom money to cyber-criminals. Even if you pay the ransom money, the unique key is not provided. On the other hand, cyber-experts has developed free decryption tool till now. Till now, it is not known about the encryption cipher used for encrypting the files.
If you want to recover your files then you have to rely on the backup files, “Volume Shadow Copies” or data recovery software. In order to restore the encrypted files, you have to remove DataWait Ransomware from your work-station. So, first of all, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics.
How Ransomware Does Gets Inside the PC:
There are multiple ways by which cyber-criminals intrudes DataWait Ransomware in the marked PC. They usually use deceiving techniques such as bundling, social engineering, peer-to-peer file sharing networks, spam email attachments etc. to invaded malware files secretly.
- Don’t open unknown email attachments. They could be presented as receipt, tax notice etc. with a duplicate logo of related organization or company however these are just trick. They usually contain a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes in their content.
- Don’t download anything from the unsafe sources. Avoid visiting peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as torrents
- Don’t click on random links and pop-ups
- Update the PC security settings by using a powerful anti-malware tool to get complete protection
Remove DataWait Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with DataWait Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete DataWait Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like DataWait Ransomware . However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove DataWait Ransomware . As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall DataWait Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete DataWait Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of DataWait Ransomware manually?
Eliminate DataWait Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out DataWait Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove DataWait Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete DataWait Ransomware .
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ DataWait Ransomware .exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent DataWait Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like DataWait Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by DataWait Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.