Crab File Virus is a perilous ransomware infection that damages the System files and encrypts the daily used files stored in the hard-disk. It is very cunningly designed and it may come back again once you remove it because it hides it files deep inside the System. So, if you want to recover your files and want that this perilous infection doesn’t come back then you must remove all the malicious payloads and files completely. The proper guidance and removal process has been broadly discussed below.
When the PC gets infected with Crab File Virus then the personal files becomes totally inaccessible. This malware has encrypted them and has appended .crab extension on it. A ransom note is stored in the System hard-disk or on the desktop that asks the victim to pay ransom money in exchange of the decryption key. The targeted files are locked publically but every encrypted file has different decryption key. As soon as this ransomware manages its entry in the PC, it starts to do its perilous activities but the victim will not realize this initially. It is a very stealthily infection and it gives any major symptoms of intrusion. Suddenly, you will realize that many of the files and programs have been appended with the suffix of Crab File Virus and they have become inaccessible. Until now, the files are safe and there is no harm done to it.
Due to Crab File Virus attack, the associated files become inaccessible. This nuisance infection uses the combination of symmetric and asymmetric encryption algorithm so that the targeted files cannot be accessed unless you have the decryption key. In order to win the victims trust, cyber-criminals decrypts one of the locked files for free. However, cyber-experts have some other point of view. They are totally against paying any money as ransom to cyber-criminals. According to them, there is not guarantee that you will get the original decryption key after the money is paid. After all, you are dealing with cyber-criminals and they are going to provide any kind of benefits to you. They will not respond to your emails or any communication links. So, it is recommended to use alternate tricks such as using backup files or data-recovery software. However, before using the recovery process, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool so that all the related payloads and files of Crab File Virus are removed immediately and it cannot encrypt any files further.
Remove Crab File Virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Crab File Virus then you were highly suggested to delete Crab File Virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Crab File Virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Crab File Virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Crab File Virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Crab File Virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Crab File Virus manually?
Eliminate Crab File Virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Crab File Virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Crab File Virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Crab File Virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Crab File Virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Crab File Virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Crab File Virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Crab File Virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.