This article is about .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware which is a perilous data-encrypting malware. If your personal files and applications have got encrypted by this malware then you are at the right place to know all the details about this infection and some easy tricks to retrieve the encrypted data.
According to cyber-experts, .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware is the new variant of .PAUSA file encrypting malware that has reportedly infected large number of files in the past. This ransomware drops a ransom note namely !!!RESTRORE_FILES!!!.txt which is a text file. On every encrypted files, it adds suffix namely .CONTACTUS and this indicates that the files has got encrypted.
How does .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware Spreads:
The file encypting malware could get inside the PC through multiple ways. Its intrusion is assisted by bundlers, payload dropper files, and downloads managers and so on. The associated payloads may also be presented as a fake set-up of any software, bogus documents, fake license activator and so on. The promoters websites are usually peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as torrents where freeware/shareware as well as software patches are provided. It can also be circulated using spam email campaigns. Such spam emails are sent by unknown senders and they usually contains a lot of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
Depth Analysis on .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware
Like other file encrypting malware, .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware also targets to encrypt the files and then asks the victims to pay ransom money in exchange of the decryption key. It drops multiple files as part of its payloads. They creates mutexes and copies of malware. It basically uses two major encryption algorithms namely AES and RSA. It becomes almost impossible to break the encryption unless you have the decryption key. .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware demands the victims to pay certain amount of money as ransom in order to get the decryption key. However, cyber-experts never recommend paying any money to cyber-criminals. Actually, there is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key after the money is paid. In many cases, the cyber-criminals totally ignore the victims once they receive the money. So, it is always better to use alternate method for file recovery.
First of all, scan the PC with a powerful anti-malware tool that has strong scanning algorithm and programming logics. Once the payloads of .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware is removed from PC then begin the data recovery steps. Try using backup files, “Volume Shadow Copies” or even data recovery software.
Remove .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware then you were highly suggested to delete .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware manually?
Eliminate .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\.CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by .CONTACTUS File Extension Ransomware again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.