Steps to Delete Chromium Virus Completely
Don’t get confuse that Chromium Virus is sponsored by Google or this legitimate search-engine provider giant has anything to do with this infection. Actually, this potentially unwanted program is the creation of cyber-criminals who are illegally using Google’s open source Chromium project to making a replica of Google Chrome, The cyber-criminals are taking advantage of similar name and promoting Chromium Virus as a alternate to Google Chrome. They promise to provide so many additional features in order to manipulate and convince the targeted victims to download it. Once you download the recommended program, the browser will get totally hijacked.
Depth Analysis of Chromium Virus
The cyber-criminals have developed this perilous application to take control of the infected browser. It allows them control the browsing activities and trigger sponsored commercial ads and pop-ups. They use your information and browsing habits details to triggers customized ads and third-party product promotion. You will notice a huge modification in the default configuration of the browser such as their homepage, new-tab URL, search-engine provider etc. You will notice a lot of suspicious apps getting installed in the browser without permission. They illegally change the theme, extensions and everything that is possible. The unwanted modifications are very rigid and you cannot restore the settings even if you try very hardly. The Chromium Virus will automatically uninstall other legitimate browsers in the PC or block you to access them. The overall PC performance gets degraded due to sudden crashing of browser as well as Operating System.
Chromium Virus Comes through Social Engineering
You will notice Chromium Virus after you install some freeware or shareware in the PC. This means that free application often contains hidden additional attachments with them and they doesn’t disclose about this to the users. The commonly used default/basic installation process doesn’t show the preselected additional files installation. Hence it is always advised to choose the custom/advance installation process. It is also very important to read the EULA and terms and agreement page very carefully. Remember that Chromium Virus can also be presented as a Java file update, media player, flash update and so on. These are deceptive marketing technique and you probably will not even realize how and when your PC got infected.
As mentioned earlier, Chromium Virus is a perilous infection and you must take quick steps to remove it from your work-station. Follow the steps mentioned below if you have technical expertise. The novice users are recommended to use a powerful anti-malware tool.
Remove Chromium Virus using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with Chromium Virus then you were highly suggested to delete Chromium Virus by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like Chromium Virus. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove Chromium Virus. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall Chromium Virus from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete Chromium Virus using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of Chromium Virus manually?
Eliminate Chromium Virus by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out Chromium Virus as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove Chromium Virus entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete Chromium Virus.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\Chromium Virus.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent Chromium Virus and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like Chromium Virus infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by Chromium Virus again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.