About BTCWare PayDay
BTCWare PayDay is a data-encrypting malware that has been developed by cyber-criminals under Hidden Tear Ransomware Project. According the security analyst, this malware uses very strong combination of AES and RSA encryption technology for encryption. Like other deadly ransomware in the past, this catastrophic infection also intrudes in the targeted PC very secretly. It can affect the entire Windows PC version. After settling down, it goes on creating a lot of issues for the victims. The file that is encrypted by BTCWare PayDay becomes totally inaccessible. When you try to access the files, you will see a ransom note appearing on the screen. This ransom note can be in the form of .txt or .html and it basically asks you to pay certain ransom money in exchange of the decryption key.
What is decryption key for BTCWare PayDay?
Well, the decryption key is a special combination of letters and numbers that is used to open the encrypted files. Without this code, the locked files cannot be accessed. As far as BTCWare PayDay is concerned, it locks the files publically but the decryption code is stored in private server. It works on the theme of “Public Encryption and Private Decryption”.
BTCWare PayDay does a depth scanning of the System hard-disk in search of the files and programs that it can encrypts. These files contain sensitive data. It basically targets files like MS Office docs, Multimedia files and so on. On encryption, the extension of the infected files gets modified. The ransom note appears on the screen every time when you try to access the encrypted files.
How BTCWare PayDay Does Get inside the PC?
The intrusion of BTCWare PayDay executed secretly and it often uses tricks such as bundling and social engineering scams to gets inside the marked PC secretly. It comes bundled with freeware, spam email attachments, peer-to-peer file sharing networks etc. and gets installed secretly. If there is a security loophole then your work-station is always at the risk of getting infected with malware. It is strongly recommended to maintain a proper firewalls setting and scan your work-station with a powerful anti-malware tool from time to time.
How to Uninstall BTCWare PayDay?
The cyber-criminals give an impression that paying the ransom money is the solution to fix BTCWare PayDay issues. However, this is totally incorrect. There is always a risk of making payment to cyber-criminals because there is no guarantee that you will get the original decryption key after the money is paid. So, it is recommended to try alternate tricks such as using back-up files or volume shadow copies. Don’t forget to scan the work-station with a powerful anti-malware tool so that will remove all the payloads of BTCWare PayDay and protect other files and programs from being encrypted.
Remove BTCWare PayDay using powerful Windows Scanner
Download Automatic Removal Tool to eliminate infectious threat
Methods of BTCWare PayDay installation on PC:
BTCWare PayDay writer (Hackers and Cyber attackers) uses numbers of various kinds of methods in order to spread their malicious programs. Most of the time, they heavily relay on some methods like (social engineering, malware vectors, bundling process, etc.) in order to attempt to trick the Users to get install this threat inside PC. Cyber Criminals were well known to use exploit packs in order to craft webpages to exploit vulnerabilities in System as well as program software just like (drive by download).
P2P wreaks havoc: It is one of most popular method which is being used by this threat to get distributed to one device to another one. Since, BTCWare PayDay is already one device so as their owner will connect their device to another one for peer to peer file sharing, the other System can be get infected by this threat too.
Installer for free, any taker: BTCWare PayDay can also get installed inside the marked PC by getting advantage from their own official released installer. Most of the Users were come across this installed just surfing through untrusted domain. As they install this threat’s installer, it is obvious for PC to install this threat.
Drive-by-download: Another scenario can be face by PC that, whenever the Users want to surf on Internet some pop-up message with FTP/Http will instantly shows up which freezes the entire browser’s functions and force the Users to download any particular Computer. Technically, those files can be infected via this vermin so clicking it on those offering probably ends up the marked PC as infected.
The vulnerability route: Another method of BTCWare PayDay installation is through exploiting security holes through PC’s installed browsers. Even if you won’t click on any malicious pop-ups, a malicious domain can deliver its payload of malware. BTCWare PayDay is the one of the most notorious pest in recent times which is suspected to be get installed by vulnerability route of browser.
Deceptive online software marketing method: It is one of the most used methods which were applied by malware. Probably this threat also uses this method in order to get installed inside the PC. This infection will merge with some third party’s freeware, shareware and program’s supportive files so whenever they got downloaded by any program or Users, the threat will automatically get installed inside the PC along with those files.
If this threat already installed inside the PC and you want to fix it then it is suggested to install Expert’s effective Automatic Removal Tool in order to uninstall BTCWare PayDay from Computer.
BTCWare PayDay: Online as well as Offline impacts
Online errors faced can by Users due to this threat:
- It will change your browser’s default search engine along with homepage and new tab page.
- From the beginning to last of surfing, you will constantly end up redirected to same malicious domain (especially to websites with 404 error page).
- You are blocked from accessing the security related domains.
- While surfing session you were forces to face numbers of pop-up ads and junk notifications.
- Due to unauthorized modifications by BTCWare PayDay, your Computer’s Internet Speed does sluggish.
- You will also eventually get blue screen error (BSOD error) which freezes your entire browser’s process.
- You won’t be able to log out your own personal account due to modification in domain’s java scripts.
- Some strange toolbars and browser extension were automatically installed which increase browsing loading time.
- It will cause your browser freezing which can crashes eventually.
- In will runs click fraud and phishing functions online in order to increase Internet traffic of particular domain and illegally earn some revenue.
- Your mails, social messages were not able to send. It will bounce back right after sending to particular recipient.
Offline errors associated to BTCWare PayDay have been found by experts:
- Some strange Icons were automatically installed inside your Computer’s taskbar, System tray as well as Desktop.
- You can find out some unwanted programs installed inside the PC named inside the Control Panel’s program list.
- You can notice unusual amount of file’s name were attached to favourites which even you don’t know.
- Strange problems were keeps happening while User’s work (performance issues, program gets crashes, etc.)
- PC’s performance got decreased since this vermin installed.
- Even you will not doing any particular work on PC, the RAM as well as CPU resources usage got higher than expect.
- Drives files were modified automatically or they were automatically moved to another drive volume.
- Malicious files replicate with legitimate and automatically delete from PC.
- As after starting the System the PC display got flips upside down or inverted.
- Automatic printing of documents and changing of desktop wallpaper.
- Not opening up task manager or taskbar disappearance.
- PC will take long time of booting and sometime it will restart automatically.
Now, if you don’t want to face all these functions later inside the PC with BTCWare PayDay then you were highly suggested to delete BTCWare PayDay by installing expert’s anti-malware tool inside the PC.
So, what is anti-malware tool?
Anti-malware tool (SpyHunter 4) is a powerful real time protection programs for the Windows Operating System which has been created by Enigma Software Group. It is fully capable to protect the Computer against threat like BTCWare PayDay. However, you can also remove this threat by manual process but it is little bit complexly. Besides that, the manual process requires Computer skill. That means, you need to put some extra effort on your PC in order to remove BTCWare PayDay. As well as, you should have ability to revert back any wrong steps which you have taken in manual process. Otherwise the PC might be goes even worst conditions. On the other hand with the anti-malware tool you don’t requires any extra Computer skill or effort. The Spy Hunter has been designed between experts and novice Users level. Thus, you can easily operate without any worries of harm your Computer. Therefore, in my opinion I would like to prefer anti-malware tool in order to uninstall BTCWare PayDay from Computer.
Complete tutorial to delete BTCWare PayDay using automatic removal method
- As you will run anti-malware tool, you will see two options located in middle of screen. Please click on **Scan Computer Now** option in order to proceed to full System scan.
- You can also see the error result while scanning of PC.
- If you want to scan any particular volume drive or removal pen drives then you can use this Custom Scan option.
- Spyware Helpdesk will help you in solving the PC’s errors online (just like Customer services).
- System Guard, this functions will helps you to keep your Computer safe from offline threat.
- By using Network Sentry Option your browser will safe from online threat and your online activities will be protected by this anti-malware tool.
- Al last, by enabling the Scan Scheduler function, your Computer will automatically keep scanned timely by this tool and notifies you if this tool caught any error.
How to get rid of BTCWare PayDay manually?
Eliminate BTCWare PayDay by going through Control Panel:
- Click on the Start menu icon located on below left of screen (Right click for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users).
- Select Control Panel option > Programs.
- The Programs which were installed on PC were located in this list.
- Please find out BTCWare PayDay as well as their associated files and click on it to uninstall it.
Remove BTCWare PayDay entries from Windows Registry box:
- In order to go to the Windows registry box, please click on Win logo button+ R key together.
- Type **regedit** in run dialog box. (If it asks your permission to open this window then click on Yes button)
- Registry Box will suddenly open up please go through every location given below in this window in order to find out and delete BTCWare PayDay.
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\BTCWare PayDay.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Opera Software
Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=http://random.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon Shell = %AppData%\IDP.ARES.Generic.exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Random.
Method to prevent BTCWare PayDay and other similar threats in future
After all, the single biggest factor in preventing a threat like BTCWare PayDay infection is lies upon you. Even you already install anti-malware and you scan your Computer timely, if you don’t be carefully towards your PC while using it. It is obviously to get infected by BTCWare PayDay again. Therefore, you just need vigilance to avoid being affected by threat in future and n some tips and suggestion mention here will hopefully prevent your Computer from infection in coming time.
- Keep your anti-malware updated.
- Use strong passwords for valuable information to prevent from hacking.
- Disable auto-run functions for downloaded files and injected drives.
- Block auto update from network inside System.
- Leave it out unknown recipient email attachments.
- Avoid connecting to open source network like Wi-Fi.
- Use hardware based firewall in order to protect your System against infections.
- Deploy DNS protection from automatically get modified.
- Use ad blocker extension and software in order to surf without getting any additional commercial ads and junk notifications.
- Do not use any untrusted or unofficial domain for surfing and downloading files inside browser.